Gumtree now charging!! :-(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

CW E46

RMS Regular
Basically you're only allowed 2 ads for sale in any one section at any one time.

I'm a motor trader so this isn't ideal

They're looking around £200 for a business account, which just lifts the new limits and takes your account back to normal

Lets find a way around this!!! Hahaha. Seriously though...

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Cheaper to get a few new PAYG sim cards and register some new email addresses. £200 a month is hectic!

markmeus

RMS Regular
Does eBay still own it? If so I'm not surprised, they're such a bunch of money grabbing see you next tuesdays!
I know they're a business and they have to make money, but their fees are ridiculous and they've such a monopoly with paypal and all.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Basically you're only allowed 2 ads for sale in any one section at any one time.

I'm a motor trader so this isn't ideal

They're looking around £200 for a business account, which just lifts the new limits and takes your account back to normal

Lets find a way around this!!! Hahaha. Seriously though...

Versus what per car for Autotrader/UsedCarsNI/etc?

It's probably working out the same if you're selling 5-6 cars, and cheaper if you're selling an even higher volume per month.

As above, if you're a Trade seller and profiting from Gumtree, then it's just something you'll have to live with.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
£200 a month is small fry considering what any relatively successful ebay shop would be paying them. You pay for the platform they put you on, and by golly it's a dam good platform lol!

If Gumtree is your main source of enquiries, £200 a month is well worth it.

You's motor traders are lousy bastids anyway, bout time someone got a chop at ye's yeoooo :p

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Dont see a problem. If your in business then you have just been lucky all along getting great advertising for nout. Absorb the cost into your cars for sale like any other business has to do with costs. Or if your official maybe you can claim something back from tax man for advertising ? ;)
lol...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.