Gumtree now charging!! :-(

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
@Ge0rge hasnt responded to this yet - I can only assume he has taken an angle grinder to his pc in frustration!

Smashed-computer_zps35fd875b.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
Is it two per month or two per year?

A thread on another forum I was reading there says two adverts per year are free, anything after that is £15 per advert.

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
solution - 1 gumtree account per car, one ad featured, the other ad free and bumpable (delete and renew)

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
2 free ad's per year,a fter that its £15. What a bollox. I've only used it to sell 2/3 times, none in the last year even and i think its a joke.

Donedeal is £4 any ad, thats a sensible price and a good job.. To jump from £0 to £15 is just silly, anyone thinks otherwise isnt right in the head or doesnt use it, and if you dont use it, you cant really comment.

How would it be worth someone to sell something at £40/50 if £15 is to go to the ad first. Probably be full of overpriced ad's now to make up the cost lol...

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Is it any ad at all or just the car ads?

And the £200 is monthly isn't it? That is a little expensive.

CW E46

RMS Regular
OP
CW E46
£200 a month just to have the same account as you would have had last week

plus £15 per 'featured ad' (per week) so £60 a month

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
where is everyone getting this info??? cant find sweet fa about it. I went to post a ad there tried charging me £15 there but would love to see what the rules are etc

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
£200 a month just to have the same account as you would have had last week

plus £15 per 'featured ad' (per week) so £60 a month

now i get what you were complaining about that is madness!!!!

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
I couldnt find anything after a quick look on the site.

But a guy on jon44w rung them, after being asked to pay by mistake he thought, and got the prices etc.

He also tried to make a new account with new email and post an ad but it got deleted apparently, so must check Numbers aswell..

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
Found this...

Gumtree official pricing list: 20/10/2013

We have decided to make life easier for you, after 326 complaints in one week alone about a guy named George selling cars for £50 with no service history, we are delighted to tell you that it will cost £15 per car advert, we hope that this cuts out multiple ads, people only thinking about selling and car dealers that go out of their way looking for fights if you text them with bad punctuation.

The gumtree Team

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Traders should been paying all along. You lot are only gurning cause all a sudden the something you were getting for nothing is now being charged for like it should be.

Its advertising for you to make money off. Dont hear ford bitching about paying to advertise on tv..

Absorb the cost into your sales, like any business has to.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.