Home charging point

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Screenshot_2024-01-27-08-23-50-321_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg
well decided to give this ev charger ago to go along with my cheap lease . Under £250 7kw 3 years warranty and mobile app and gets decent reviews on a few other forums and groups am in.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Used the 50kW charger close to home today and went for a walk

Took it from 37% to full in just over 70mins for about £24

Their 150kW charger is the same price.
IMG_1258.png

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Might have spotted a decent priced lease on an EV so just checking out current options on chargers.

Unfortunately my consumer unit and NIE board are on the complete opposite side of the house to the driveway, have seen someone here getting it tacked across the front of their house which looks like absolute dog**** but another one fed up beside a gutter pipe, through the roof space and out the other side.

Would I be looking at £1k + for a 7kw charger and are there any bidirectional options that would future proof it when V2G is a bit more widespread?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Might have spotted a decent priced lease on an EV so just checking out current options on chargers.

Unfortunately my consumer unit and NIE board are on the complete opposite side of the house to the driveway, have seen someone here getting it tacked across the front of their house which looks like absolute dog**** but another one fed up beside a gutter pipe, through the roof space and out the other side.

Would I be looking at £1k + for a 7kw charger and are there any bidirectional options that would future proof it when V2G is a bit more widespread?

Yeah if it’s a decent run it will be £1k plus but for me it’s a worthwhile investment if you see yourself having an EV after the lease

I have a MyEnergi Zappi - I think V2G is more based on the car tech rather than the charger though

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Yeah if it’s a decent run it will be £1k plus but for me it’s a worthwhile investment if you see yourself having an EV after the lease

I have a MyEnergi Zappi - I think V2G is more based on the car tech rather than the charger though
Unfortunately the charge point will have to support it also and it's not as simple as a firmware update, so any of us with charge points already installed will need to reinvest if we wish to take advantage of V2G in the future.

gerryp

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997
Managed to get one of those Hondas on a cheap deal.
What home chargers are people using.
Is anyone on the PowerNi EV tariff.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I’m getting an Ohme Home Pro fitted this week for mine, haven’t started the process of getting on an EV tariff as a lot of our consumption would be during the day so just need to have a sit down and work out what would be best.