Honda S2000 Powerd Bmw E30

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yes there alpina replicas apparantly they fit bmw 4 stud an ford 4 stud i think...They are silver mate look bit white becasue i have sanded them down to repaint

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I thought they looked like Alpinas, but the 4 stud through me. Were E30's 4 stud?

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yes e30s are 4 stud but this car can take both 4 an 5 on the rear..(handy to get plenty of wheels to fit)

Rfg

RMS Regular
this should look well. you should try and get teh c pillar cover to make it more m3 lookng but then I suppose you would have to alter teh roof for it to fit. looking forward to seeing how this pans out should be epic!

ewok

RMS Regular
Are you on about the wheels thats on the car?? They are fondmetals an think the fit old vw because ive got a few boys on to me already about them an i never even advertised them so they must be sought after:cool:

I have a set of slicks for ya 15s b f good ridge lol if you keep them

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I have a set of slicks for ya 15s b f good ridge lol if you keep them

If i need them ill give you a shout ewok, do you no where id get cheap 17s

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Daz here is the work thats done to the bulkhead..

005-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

Plate made for pedal box to bolt to

006-4.jpg

Bit of weight saving(y)

007-2.jpg

Oh this arrived today its a fine piece of kit:cool:

008-1.jpg

Ge0rge

Banned
i cant believe you ruined a good car to put the engine into that car lol but each to their own! :party:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
i cant believe you ruined a good car to put the engine into that car lol but each to their own! :party:

s2000 didnt cost me much money because i was doing deals with other cars swapping an changing so the engine etc didnt cost me no where near what a breaker would have charged me...s2000 is being used for parts now lad gave me decent money for it, he needed loads of parts of it

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Got underneath schutzed

012.jpg

011-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

Piece welded to the 4 branch so th rest of the exhaust can connet to

009-1.jpg

Engine fitted properly with proper mounts

006-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

Radiator brackets made an radiator fitted

005-5.jpg

Wiring loom an ecu, hope to do away with the most of this

004-5.jpg

More steel put on the floor

003-7.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
A nice aluminium duct from under the slam panel directing air straight on to that rad would help alot, along with the air filter being flipped 180 degrees to the passenger side and a cold air feed from 1 of the headlights (y)

Coming on nicely.

You figured out what brake set-up your going with yet?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
What kind of weight would you expect this to finish up? What kind of power? 240/250hp?

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
A nice aluminium duct from under the slam panel directing air straight on to that rad would help alot, along with the air filter being flipped 180 degrees to the passenger side and a cold air feed from 1 of the headlights (y)

Coming on nicely.

You figured out what brake set-up your going with yet?

Yes im going to keep the evo brembos on an run 17 inch wheels, well ill see how i get on with them anyhow...
Was thinking of bmw 540 brakes for the rear but davy said she braked ok on the rear, an for all the weight of the rear i think the standard brakes would do ok.....
Yes he had aluminium ducts running to the filter before...Ill say to him about the 1 for the radiator mayby he had 1 there too.....
All in sll im happy enough with whats been done to date:cool:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
What kind of weight would you expect this to finish up? What kind of power? 240/250hp?

yes 240/250 bhp with 900kg.....Havnt ruled out supercharger yet, have couple men on lookout for 2nd hand one:laughing:

ewok

RMS Regular
Tony hope you still have the CRX skills lol you'll need them if your up against Ralph,Davey and the father son team in the DC5s

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Whats the craic with the dc5s? Is there much done to them? They just race at kirkisten?

scubbay

RMS Regular
Drives
10 second Imprez
A bonnet duct toward the air filter may be more effective than from the headlight. Its coming together though and Im sure it will be well tidied/finished once up and running.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
As far as the DC5's go; 1 of them is running throttle bodies and some special management and putting the power down through a £5k gearbox. Last year it had diff issues meaning problems getting the power down in the corners which is where is should be making time against the BMW's, but when it came out in the final round, it came all guns blazing and pushed Ralph Jess so hard that he ended up setting the fastest lap time at Kirkistown in the Saloon Class in his E46 M3 Coupe...

You could say the DC5s are alright, but that's an understatement. They seem, judging solely on their final round performance, to be perfect for that track now...

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
As far as the DC5's go; 1 of them is running throttle bodies and some special management and putting the power down through a £5k gearbox. Last year it had diff issues meaning problems getting the power down in the corners which is where is should be making time against the BMW's, but when it came out in the final round, it came all guns blazing and pushed Ralph Jess so hard that he ended up setting the fastest lap time at Kirkistown in the Saloon Class in his E46 M3 Coupe...

You could say the DC5s are alright, but that's an understatement. They seem, judging solely on their final round performance, to be perfect for that track now...

Is this a racing series? Is this running this year an is it just kirkisten?? Is there a 2.0 16v class anywhere? Reckon it could do well in a class like that(y)

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Lines Saloon or something is the race class the DC5s are in, along with the 3 Railway Autos BMW's I told you about in the other thread.

Yes, it's on again this year and is held at Kirkistown. If your looking to enter that race series, you'll need to be well above board as far as the MSA rules and regulations go, ie fire extinguisher plumbed in with a nozzle aimed at the drivers and 1 in the engine bay, an in-date seat/harness/helmet/gloves/boots/single layer fire proof race suit, approved cage, engine cut-off fitted to exterior etc etc.

You'll need to get down to 1 of the days or get in touch with the club and get a "race pack" which is around £50 from memory and also apply for a race licence which will set you back £200 or so (this also covers your first race entry fee though) and get registered with the race club

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
kirkistown saloons would be the only proper racing for this car in IRL

Can you give me more details on this graham please...
price when it starts classes etc....Or even a link or pictures of a previous day to see what i would be racing against...
Thanks(y)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
if you are interested in racing and getting the low down, ring richard at kirkistown on 028 4277 1325 and he will certainly talk you through it all.

mention me if you wish as a referrer.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Lines Saloon or something is the race class the DC5s are in, along with the 3 Railway Autos BMW's I told you about in the other thread.

Yes, it's on again this year and is held at Kirkistown. If your looking to enter that race series, you'll need to be well above board as far as the MSA rules and regulations go, ie fire extinguisher plumbed in with a nozzle aimed at the drivers and 1 in the engine bay, an in-date seat/harness/helmet/gloves/boots/single layer fire proof race suit, approved cage, engine cut-off fitted to exterior etc etc.

You'll need to get down to 1 of the days or get in touch with the club and get a "race pack" which is around £50 from memory and also apply for a race licence which will set you back £200 or so (this also covers your first race entry fee though) and get registered with the race club

Cheers yes the car will have most of this already if not it all, an i have a proper race suit from my bf racing days....Just shoes gloves an licence....
Ill see how i get on at the trackdays first anyhow(y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.