Honda S2000 Powerd Bmw E30

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
310 bhp an 500kg cant see why it wouldnt be competitive with single seaters :grinning:

I havnt made my mind up totally on this yet lads so im open to suggestions. Seen one them darrians running a millington engine there the last rallysport day an it was some machine. Nothing was close to it. How much are they?

Efian i was thinking of an atom 3 anyhow. You can get a track specced one for 30 k. Great wee machine for holding there money too. Still a waiting list for new ones

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
310 bhp an 500kg cant see why it wouldnt be competitive with single seaters :grinning:

I havnt made my mind up totally on this yet lads so im open to suggestions. Seen one them darrians running a millington engine there the last rallysport day an it was some machine. Nothing was close to it. How much are they?

Efian i was thinking of an atom 3 anyhow. You can get a track specced one for 30 k. Great wee machine for holding there money too. Still a waiting list for new ones

That would have been Dessie McCartneys darrian, his is fairly high spec, considering a millington would set you back the best part of 25k along you are probably looking at 50grand for that motor.

But you can buy them with different setups, a vauxhall 16v one around 250hp would be a lot cheaper.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A singleseater is a completely different animal. Think formula race cars, full aero, big engines, no weight, etc. And big money for cars, engines, and so on.

Or put it this way - if an aeriel/caterham/westfield/etc. were competitive in a singleseater class, then everybody would be racing them in those classes.

I may be completely wrong though :grinning:

Want to win a class, start by looking at what the current winners of that class are running, and then pick something similar (y)

An Aeriel/Caterham/etc. are awesome cars though, and super fun :grinning:

How about going a different route, getting a Caterham/Westfield, and race it in NI7? Very competitive racing, and looks like great fun. You can race them in sprints and hillclimbs too.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
A singleseater is a completely different animal. Think formula race cars, full aero, big engines, no weight, etc. And big money for cars, engines, and so on.

Or put it this way - if an aeriel/caterham/westfield/etc. were competitive in a singleseater class, then everybody would be racing them in those classes.

I may be completely wrong though :grinning:

Want to win a class, start by looking at what the current winners of that class are running, and then pick something similar (y)

An Aeriel/Caterham/etc. are awesome cars though, and super fun :grinning:

How about going a different route, getting a Caterham/Westfield, and race it in NI7? Very competitive racing, and looks like great fun. You can race them in sprints and hillclimbs too.

I think Tony is classing a single seater as those bike engined one seater autograss type rage buggies that they use at the rallysport days.

Not a single seater as you mean such as a formula car.

Last edited:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
No dude it's yokes like this! -

1C26CF54-90C1-4E35-8063-3364F50601EA_zps4yhkhsj2.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, too many options around :grinning:

If those are what you are up against Tony, then get one of them. No point running something completely different from everyone else? :grinning:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I think the atom could keep up with most of the buggys and other things at the rally sport events.

And you would also get more csr for your money, and still be able to scare the shut out of passagers

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Funny enough someone is only after telling me there now to get one of them buggys. They are 15 grand brand new an you can do quarrys rallysport events an im sure track days.

Im sure an atom would leave all them buggys for dead round the likes of nutts corner, sure i beat all but 1 or 2 of them with the e30 an i think id be ALOT faster in an atom. :grinning:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
The Darrian at the last event at Nutts corner was Seamus Morris's car being driven by his son Swindon vauxhall engine in the back of it. Really nice article.

Ahh I was actually told that, they have put the vauxhall back into it, where did the millington go from it?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm sure an atom would leave all them buggys for dead round the likes of nutts corner, sure i beat all but 1 or 2 of them with the e30 an i think id be ALOT faster in an atom. :grinning:

A bit like shooting midgets with an artillery gun though? What does it prove, being faster, when not in comparable machinery?

Get a buggy, and go out in the quarries (that would be awesome, just for the laughs if nothing else :cool: ). Or get a Westfield or Caterham, go out in NI7, and show everyone what is what on equal terms :grinning:

Could probably do both for the cost of an SC Atom :innocent:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Unreal! Just listen to that supercharger :grinning:

To be fair it was only your mans first time in the car an on the track. I was disappointed to see it get overtaken by anything :grinning: they look like they handle quite well even without the aero equipment on.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Unreal! Just listen to that supercharger :grinning:

To be fair it was only your mans first time in the car an on the track. I was disappointed to see it get overtaken by anything :grinning: they look like they handle quite well even without the aero equipment on.
Don't know if you've ever heard an atom first person, but the supercharger sounds mad. I love it.

They aren't the quickest track weapon but they are sure fun and only focused track setups are faster in reality. From what I hear the aero parts are not hugely functional.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Lads its been a while from ive posted on this so i thought id give yous a bit of an update.

I have recently opened up my own tyre depot therefore couldnt affford to take the car out much. Had it out at the recent marshalls day (free entry :grinning: ).

I had decided that i was going to put it up in the loft of my garage as i needed all the space i could, i also thought it would be a nice wee feature sitting up there. Kind of like a car toy sitting in a box up on the shelf lol.

So as the loft beams were wooden an wouldnt have took the weight i had to put in a few steel beams.

Anyhow here is the final result :grinning:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Dont know what the problem is here. Trying to put them on with my i phone an they wont upload :worried:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Hope it will still come out and play every now and then (y)

Not even going to ask how you got it up there, some things are probably best not knowing, lol :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.