Honda S2000 Powerd Bmw E30

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That Lotus is a full-on race car if that is what you want, forget driving it on the road. Will be a beast round any race track for sure.

Serious money for it :eek:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Trackdays, rallysport association anyhow. Prob would race that thou, may as well make good of my race licence i got! Only used it once with the E30, another waste of £££ lol

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
That Lotus is a full-on race car if that is what you want, forget driving it on the road. Will be a beast round any race track for sure.

Serious money for it :eek:

Serious money spent on it too. Wouldnt like to price up that engine work an gearbox with flat shift alone.

Anyhow! To me the atom is in front. Lets just see how things pan out. Need a lottery win now :worried:

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
been followng this thread since build. you sure had your problems but you over came.. sad to see it go.. but you had ur fun and headaches....super build best of luck on your new venture what ever it is...

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Sad to see the Bonda go but you can replace it with something better!

The Lotus is a serious bit of kit but I have to agree that if spending that sort of money you could have a track ready V8 M3 with paddle shift, loads of comfort compared to the lotus and you could drive it on the weekends and to and from the track if you wanted

dddrrift

RMS Regular
the e30 turned heads.... i wouldn't look twice at a lotus to be honest, racey version or not, just my opinion!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Has to be an Atom, it's obvious you have your heart set on one. Anything else you buy and you'll forever say to yourself "I should've bought the Atom."

If it's financially feasible in any way, you have to do it!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
The lotus won't be as forgiving in the handling department with your driving style @evo98

I see a pair of charged k20 atom's getting the absolute DEATH at nutts corner reasonably often and they can fair stick the pace and are a good big sliding thing !

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
For some its all about turning heads, but I would say for Evo98 its probably more more about how the thing goes and how it drives that matters most......and you wont get better for that than the likes of Atom or Lotus! I remember considering an Atom and it would be some fun on the occasional warm dry days you could use it. If its for racing only i guess it doesnt matter so much but for any use on the road its appeal would be limited esp over here with our lovely weather.

Last edited:

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
No cant see it being a v8 m3 even, sure the bonda would roast one of them round a track.
Wonder what a charged Atom would do kirkistown in? My guess is 61 seconds or less maybe if set up properly on slicks. I know that wee grey lotus can do 62 seconds an i had the Bonda down to 63.5

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I don't think there is anything to touch the Atom performance wise, you've been on about an Atom for a good wile now, its an itch that needs scratched!

Pretty sure it would do a sub minute, if you can keep it in a relatively straight line!

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Yeah I would expect a supercharged Atom to get around Kirkistown in around the 60-61 sec mark. Sure it would have @ 490bhp/tonne! My big heavy Exige will do it in @ 65.5 secs and it only has @316bhp/tonne. Atom has a big weight advantage!

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Agreed... If its just for the track then an Atom or Lotus but it does seem like you have your mind set on the Atom and anything with a K20 and hardly any weight that handles properly ticks all the boxes for me. (y)

Being able to see exactly where you are putting the front wheels would be a very handy feature on the atom and I would say that being open you would really get a sense of the speed that you are doing!!

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Well said @StephenDc2 bound to be like a go kart :grinning: We both know what the K20s are capable off, love them.

Thanks for the replys lads. I shall be in touch on this thread should anything else pop up.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
You have probably thought about this but what about a Radical SR1or SR3?
Proper full on race car experience and would say SR3 would be quicker still than a Supercharged Atom round a track. Prob bit more money though.

evo98

RMS Regular
OP
evo98
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
You have probably thought about this but what about a Radical SR1or SR3?
Proper full on race car experience and would say SR3 would be quicker still than a Supercharged Atom round a track. Prob bit more money though.

No don't think id want one of them mate, not that clued into my bike engines an with an atom I know how reliable the Honda engine is. Im not sure on how a radical would behave on a road either, don't even like the look of them tbh but im sure they are unbelievable on a track an would out perform an atom on the bends. I don't mind a bit of sliding about either :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nobody drives a Radical on the road, lol :grinning:

I know they make a "road version" these days, but nobody drives one. Nobody :grinning:

Weapons on track though, and far from all of them bike engined.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
The way you should look at a bike engine is -

- Super light engine and box in one.

- Sequential as standard.

Busa almost puts out the same as a k20 and weighs half the weight. You can get it lower in the car and they are cheap to replace (y)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.