It's a Volvo thing

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
By the way, for true exclusivity the eagle-eyed among you might have spotted the kind of purplish blue car just off to the right of centre in that picture. I forget the story behind that car but I think that might just be the only one in that colour. It's one of the newer T4 cars.

Get the anoraks on 😁 🤓🧐

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Yep, recognised the wheels. Still have a set of the original T6 wheels if anyone needs them :innocent: Haven't got round to listing them.

Knew about the white one. Used to live in Armagh I think, thought he sold it though? Not sure. Didn't know about the other black ones until I saw it with Pete.

They're rare enough for sure. Only a few hundred of the T6 ever sold in the UK. Blue by far the most common colour. Never saw another outside of "club" gatherings.
Yes fella Tim i think he was called, we serviced the gearbox oil for him, that was a good 2 years ago and it was up for sale then. I was very close to pulling the trigger on it. Cold start was mega

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Latest addition to me and my dads collection of nonsense. We got this last summer. My mum used to have a 240 glt estate years ago, but other than that we have been Volvo estate free (even though my dad was an antiques dealer for years!)

I love it, so comfy. But my god the steering lock is appalling and it's erm not good on fuel, nice noise though!

Unfortunately it's auto, but in some respects suits it as it's not really a b road fun car. We've been slowly working through niggles, lots to gripe about tbh, but compared to the similar aged M3 we are also 'restoring' the build quality seems better (electrical nonsense aside) 😂
10-ww-4.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The Pegs seem handy enough to get. Both OEM Volvo and reps depending on what you want/expect.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Latest addition to me and my dads collection of nonsense. We got this last summer. My mum used to have a 240 glt estate years ago, but other than that we have been Volvo estate free (even though my dad was an antiques dealer for years!)

I love it, so comfy. But my god the steering lock is appalling and it's erm not good on fuel, nice noise though!

Unfortunately it's auto, but in some respects suits it as it's not really a b road fun car. We've been slowly working through niggles, lots to gripe about tbh, but compared to the similar aged M3 we are also 'restoring' the build quality seems better (electrical nonsense aside) 😂
View attachment 349934
@cauld1 Was I parked beside you at the Blackline cars coffee?
My v70, fresh with spoiler from @Darren91
F9A158B5-9DFD-422D-8B7F-6D9EC92FC002.jpeg

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
Hey all! They misses is wanting a used Xc60. She is looking at a cheap 2013 2.0D d3. 160k miles. Specifically this one:
Volvo XC60

Anything specific to łook or for other than timing belt etc done?

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
If anyone is looking an XC90 give me a shout, I'm going to be selling the wifes. 2012 Red R-Design, 108k, 20" alloys, RSE, BLIS, parking camera, heated seats, full service history, Xenons, bendy lights.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
If anyone is looking an XC90 give me a shout, I'm going to be selling the wifes. 2012 Red R-Design, 108k, 20" alloys, RSE, BLIS, parking camera, heated seats, full service history, Xenons, bendy lights.
pm me with details please - my misses is after and xc60 but could be talked into a 90

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 M Sport
Last edited:

Sportwag

RMS Regular
I wasn't sure at first about the colour, but it grows on you.
I had one on hire in the US for 2 weeks and the colour is really nice (depends on the light). It didn't look too dirty when I handed the keys back either. Think it looks better with the chrome and mirrors in black.

Attachments

• Volvo S60.jpg
    Volvo S60.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 51

MarkM

RMS Regular
It's a freelander 2 from another mother.

Mine has wrecked the rear diff and possibly the haldex, not sure it’s worth the effort tbh :worried:
Good to know the 4wd would work but the engine is a 2.4, actually a 2014 one I’m currently looking at :grinning:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It's mostly the transfer box and rear diffs that are shared including the haldex. The 2.4 is the 5 cyl Volvo engine which is reasonably reliable as far as I know. Tuneful thing but a bit thirsty for a diesel. My diffs are sounding a bit whiney and I have all the fluids and a haldex filter here but not a working arm to fit them with lol.

MarkM

RMS Regular
It's mostly the transfer box and rear diffs that are shared including the haldex. The 2.4 is the 5 cyl Volvo engine which is reasonably reliable as far as I know. Tuneful thing but a bit thirsty for a diesel. My diffs are sounding a bit whiney and I have all the fluids and a haldex filter here but not a working arm to fit them with lol.

Are there two 2.4 engines though, a D4 and D5? This one has a 2.5 D4 181 ps lump, I know nothing about them!
I like it though lol
AA71533D-ACED-4E3B-9F61-BA9CD7D86E85.jpeg

9528806D-66A9-4C79-85B1-77E7E7C0B9CB.png

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I like them too, deffo an option if the Freelander calves it's diff.