It's Snowing

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Drove through the mournes scenic loop earlier, mostly untreated roads in passat with continental sport contacts. Couple of sketchy moments on hills that I couldn't get a run up on, but I made it through. Was surprised how well it handled it actually. Having an electric handbrake sucks though

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Today I drove from Enniskillen to Moira, out through Magheralin to Dromore then up the carriage way and off for Katesbridge, Castlewellan to Downpatrick then on to Belfast and finally home to Fermanagh again. Lots of hills and back roads.

All in A V8 RWD car with a LSD and without winter tyres.

Didn't once have any issues, a guy in a Berlingo van did right enough trying to keep up though :p

edit: actually I forgot, I broke my windscreen wiper leaving the house because I was a lazy git and didn't clear all the snow off, £16 for a replacement :worried:

Last edited:

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Today I drove from Enniskillen to Moira, out through Magheralin to Dromore then up the carriage way and off for Katesbridge, Castlewellan to Downpatrick then on to Belfast and finally home to Fermanagh again. Lots of hills and back roads.

All in A V8 RWD car with a LSD and without winter tyres.

Didn't once have any issues, a guy in a Berlingo van did right enough trying to keep up though :p

edit: actually I forgot, I broke my windscreen wiper leaving the house because I was a lazy git and didn't clear all the snow off, £16 for a replacement :worried:

Cracking roads from moira/magheralin/dromore (where my folks are from) then on to Castlewellan too. Bound to be some fun in that VXR8!

Actually, you should've diverted at Downpatrick and took the ferry across Strangford then up the side of the lough to Belfast ;)

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
A good dump up behind Glenavy, made it up most of the way with a few moments when I thought I was beached but she kept pulling thru.

I still miss my little Panda Climbing. Always remember going home from work at 5 in the morning up the Hill Hall road in deep enough snow and the fun was brilliant. One of my favourite cars

2ptcy2q.jpg

Eventually got too deep so had to give up to chance with no back up……mite give it another bash tonight.

15eim8l.jpg

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Took a drive up over Craigantlet last night, cars abandoned, two in a hedge. To be honest, conditions weren't the worst but obviously depends on the driver behind the wheel lol.

Chris_702

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Saw a report with a car on its roof? At what speeds during hazardous conditions do you have to do to do that? People are crazy!

Haven't had any issues (yet) in my cayman!

Didn't see one on its roof but heard it from a friend when I got home. One guy passed me going down the hill at easily 20-30mph! Could well have been him ended up on the roof!

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Silver Picasso on the Glenshane on its roof was on BBC etc, bro showed me a pic, Couldn't workout how you could end up like that.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Last night the roads froze at 2-3am. I've never seen the m2 twinkling in the moonlight with ice before!!!!! Had a few scares in the truck before the gritters appeared shortly after.