It's Snowing

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
-5 here in Enniskillen but not even a skiff of snow.

Pipes in kitchen are frozen, not a nice start to the day listening to the missus and winging.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Love mornings like that.

IMG_7557.jpeg

In the modern era we defrost the good ladies car from the comfort of the iPhone app (or schedule).

IMG_7559.jpeg

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
The Prince William road and Boomers Way in Lisburn are a fking disgrace with snow.

Anyone here from Lisburn and explain how the hell them roadworks on the Prince William will really help? The turn off to Ballymacash is never that bad. It's the Nettlehill junction with lights is a curse. It needs to go. @Alan B what you reckon?

Don’t know if you meant me or the other Alan B.

The roadworks are a ****ing disaster. I think they are putting in lights and an extra lane but not sure in what direction. I guess they may help with buildup in Ballymacash and balance out the volume of traffic that goes up Nettlehill. However it’s going to slow down the PW rd. The infrastructure is diabolical and only catching up to where it should have been a decade ago and not catering for further expansion of the “city”.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
First time i've ran into a problem with the frameless windows, was able to open the door, but because the window couldn't go down slightly i was unable to close the door 🤦‍♂️ . Had to wait on the car to thaw out a bit, also door mirrors were frozen in the folded position for a bit :joy:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
When I had the z3 I spent half an hour with a debit card unsticking the windows outside work. I was scared of pulling too hard and breaking the window.

I saw my next door neighbour out with a plastic bag full of warm water rubbing it on his windscreen to defrost it seemed pretty smart.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Only if it's not still freezing outside. Though it's rarely that cold here I guess. And hot water on cold glass can crack it.

A bit of silicon or "dry lube" on the seals stops them freezing in the first place. And don't wash the car when it's this cold.

A drop of wd4 keeps locks frost free.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
The gritter passed me between Ballykelly and Limavady an hour ago.
I was just back in there about an hour ago mustn't have been up the seacoast road or the Limavady bypass by that time. I'm about only in now from walking the dog and never saw the gritter in around the town anywhere and the roads don't look like they've been gritted there.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
They are still out. One just drove up my road just this minute and there was one out about half an hour ago as well.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve noticed loads out all day, more than normal (although it is colder than normal) I think they are trying to cover as much of the network as they can before the strike. The weather is to turn back to the usual milder, rainy ***** at the weekend anyway.

Reactions: dub