It's Snowing

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
IMG_6029.jpeg

CloudStrife

RMS Regular
I've a training course in the office tomorrow. Closed today but open tomorrow. Why? No gritting tonight and warning off ice again. All them teachers and bus drivers sorting the roads out.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I've a training course in the office tomorrow. Closed today but open tomorrow. Why? No gritting tonight and warning off ice again. All them teachers and bus drivers sorting the roads out.
Why would an office not be open? It’s not exactly artic out there.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I’ve to be onsite with a customer at Magherfelt for 9am tomorrow morning not looking forward to it.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’m half expecting my boss to ring me in the morning or an email to be sent saying don’t bother going out on sites around the countryside today because the roads aren’t gritted. NICS being very H&S aware these days. In saying that I did go clean on my hole yesterday on a bit of black ice, down like a sack of spuds 😂

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I’ve a colleague (teacher) who has informed me she won’t be in tomorrow until break time as it will be too cold and busy to drive in to her workplace at the time she is contractually obliged. I estimate she lives 100m from the outer ring.
Hateful bint.

CloudStrife

RMS Regular
I’ve to be onsite with a customer at Magherfelt for 9am tomorrow morning not looking forward to it.
Don't be risking it!
I’ve a colleague (teacher) who has informed me she won’t be in tomorrow until break time as it will be too cold and busy to drive in to her workplace at the time she is contractually obliged. I estimate she lives 100m from the outer ring.
Hateful bint.
Does the outer ring not get icy?

Heard the roads were fine this morning though. I didn't head out until near 3.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I’ve no idea about her icy ring. It’s just the arrogance of her feeling she is better than others and will this shift the burden of looking after her classes on to her colleagues (me). Meanwhile others will venture down from Antrim, Dromara, Maghaberry etc all in good time.

But I’d be more than happy to accept pay parity with mainland teachers. Rant over, back to the topic. Chilly innit?

Paul.

RMS Regular
Can't speak for Magherafelt directly but the surrounding area, the main roads were dead on before 7am this morning. Obviously there's room for variation given it's a day beforehand but I thought it was alright in a BMW on all season tyres. Turned onto a quiet side road and snaked up it but the reduced traction was at least partly 'operator induced'.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Past 2 days I've been driving up and down to Dublin. Don't drive like a cock and it's ok tbh.

Traffic has not been noticeably worse either in fairness.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I’ve no idea about her icy ring. It’s just the arrogance of her feeling she is better than others and will this shift the burden of looking after her classes on to her colleagues (me). Meanwhile others will venture down from Antrim, Dromara, Maghaberry etc all in good time.

But I’d be more than happy to accept pay parity with mainland teachers. Rant over, back to the topic. Chilly innit?

I work in Mallusk, my work employs predominantly men, only 4 women. On Tuesday everyone made it in except 3 of the 4 women. All 3 live within an 7mile radius of work and 2 of the 3 drive 4x4’s. The 1 that did arrive in drives a 120d convertible…

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
I used to drive from Belfast to Magherafelt every day, and its fine. The only area that I seen accidents on, was coming from Belfast direct after the slip road to Antrim hospital on the M2 there are trees on the M2 that separates the motorway, can be some ice there and have seen a fair few cars end up on the side of the road.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Roads are like a bottle here in Portstewart. No snow or frost or slush, just wet roads that have frozen over. Could feel the car moving about on straight roads at 20mph! 🥶

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep. Very little gritting going on due to the strikes. With melting/freezing/melting/freezing it's going to be fun on untreated roads. Especially with everyone on summer tyres...

Be careful out there.

This strike will cause problems, it couldn't be worse timing.

Will hopefully get warmer again over the weekend, but still patches of frost on higher ground no doubt.

Reactions: dub

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
There's a mini roundabout at the top of the avenue where we live and its been covered in hard packed snow and ice this past few days. Was out walking the dog this morning and a fella in a smallish white Toyota of some sort came around the roundabout and yanked the handbrake.

Don't know what the hell he was trying to achieve but his skills were obviously zero and he hit the kerb head on. He cracked the front bumper and theres now no gap between the passenger side tyre and mudflap. Tried hard to keep my mouth shut when he got out to inspect his handywork but the "you can't park there mate" just slipped out.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
There's a mini roundabout at the top of the avenue where we live and its been covered in hard packed snow and ice this past few days. Was out walking the dog this morning and a fella in a smallish white Toyota of some sort came around the roundabout and yanked the handbrake.

Don't know what the hell he was trying to achieve but his skills were obviously zero and he hit the kerb head on. He cracked the front bumper and theres now no gap between the passenger side tyre and mudflap. Tried hard to keep my mouth shut when he got out to inspect his handywork but the "you can't park there mate" just slipped out.
I can say nothing my handbrake has spent a lot of the last few days pointing to the sky. I’ve had exactly zero crashes though.

I dropped off then picked up the wee fella from the mother in laws today. Perfect j turns were executed leaving both times 🤣

I can say nothing my handbrake has spent a lot of the last few days pointing to the sky. I’ve had exactly zero crashes though.

I dropped off then picked up the wee fella from the mother in laws today. Perfect j turns were executed leaving both times 🤣