JCC JDM Car Culture Show at Belfast Titanic Exhibition Centre 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
On the RMS Blog: After last year's breakthrough event, Japanese Car Culture came back bigger and better than ever. Even before the show opened, queues had formed outside the Titanic Exhibition Centre, all eager to immerse themselves in the best JDM-inspired cars that Ireland has to offer. The lobby of the venue merely whetted the appetite. A selection of high-powered R34 Nissan GT-Rs and a side order of Mitsubishi Evolution was the starter for a sushi train of modified machinery.
(Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

graham8

RMS Regular
good show some good stuff at it and good entertainment but some cars were pretty rough and it was all a bit crowded at times

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
On the RMS Blog: After last year's breakthrough event, Japanese Car Culture came back bigger and better than ever. Even before the show opened, queues had formed outside the Titanic Exhibition Centre, all eager to immerse themselves in the best JDM-inspired cars that Ireland has to offer. The lobby of the venue merely whetted the appetite. A selection of high-powered R34 Nissan GT-Rs and a side order of Mitsubishi Evolution was the starter for a sushi train of modified machinery.
(Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here
Blinder of an editorial

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Some amazing jap cars that surprise me are even in this country. That Evo RS was like a wee timewarp. Also the metallic purple AE86 was right up my street on throttle bodies and a minimal engine bay.

As @trev 1515 said though, some serious dog rough paint between things that looked like they have never been buffed to cars that had paint off all over or broken skirts and bumpers (and im not talking drift cars here). Im a total noob with car care in that respect and I'd have been embarrassed to leave them in the carpark to be seen nevermind at a show.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Sounds like I went to the wrong car show the weekend before lol.

This looked epic.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I think if they had of mixed more of the best jap cars from the jcc show into that districts show last week it probably would have been perfect.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Anyone know who owns the white R35 GTR with the reg SK11PY

Thought it was absolutely gorgeous!

Cess

RMS Staff
I popped down for 30 mins, stayed for 4 hours. My expectations were well and truly exceeded.

I know the hall was tightly packed but for good reasons - plenty of cars to see and people turned out in their droves. I thought the quality and mix of cars was spot on. A mix of highly tuned, the exotic and a few eclectic oddities.

Some of the engines were works of art; some great wheels as well. Everything deserved a real good thorough look around.

Two or three of my favourite cars was outside. In particular, the fairly stock white Silvia on SSR Professors was lovely.

For me, the best JDM / Japanese themed show yet on this Island.

Kudos to @sauce well done.

gaz 300

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Nissan300ZX
Have to give a big thank you to the JCC team for yet another awesome show. The standard of Jap cars in Ireland was unbelievable and can only inspire us all to up our game. Bring on 2018

JCC 15.jpg

cluggo

RMS Regular
Drives
F80 M3
Have to say this has to be the best show i have been... turn out was super. at one stage i thought they had let to many people in but thats a good sign that this show has a lot of potential to grow even bigger...so fair play to all involved in making this happen.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Great show and leagues ahead of the show at B&Q last week, which I thought was pretty poor. I cannot believe any right thinking person would let that V8 Vantage and the yellow Gallardo anywhere near a show. The condition of those cars was a disgrace.

Cars of the show for me were the S1 KPY R35 and obviously the 9 MR RS with 569 mlies. A lot of time, blood, sweat and tears went into the preparation of that car.

Well done @sauce

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
Keep remembering little details. Things like the Best Motoring videos on a loop were a cool touch. Nice to have Dave Egan down from IDC and doing interviews on the stage. Stacks of feature worthy cars everywhere.

Some of the lesser spotted stuff that caught my eye:

Attachments

• DSC_1449_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    DSC_1449_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_1433_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    DSC_1433_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_1460_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    DSC_1460_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_1448_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    DSC_1448_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 138

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Thanks Gary, was good to catch up with you again ... been a long time
Cheers for the pic, albeit you timing could have been better ... its original with the boot up and me hanging out of it though :grinning:

Your car was looking very well indeed ... a high standard as usual

A long day but a good show nonetheless

Good to see some old friends. Looking great Nobby.

View attachment 151152

RevT

RMS Regular
Really wish I wasn't completely bolloxed yesterday as I'd have loved to have went to this.

I'm hoping to have my car at it next year maybe but going by the standard of what is in the photos it probably wouldn't make the cut. :no_mouth:

56oval

RMS Regular
What a difference a few years makes, stuck to one thing and by the looks of it made an excellent job of it, what a turnaround of fortunes, well done. (y)

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I missed last year's but glad I went yesterday. I had no idea there were so many top quality cars in NI.

The wife took a shine to the white TRD GT86 at the door and the purple AE86 coupe. I loved Reinis' S2000 and the red T-top 300Z. There was a black R34 which had an unbelievable finish. Not so much as a swirl under the lights.

The one thing that could scupper a show like this I noticed when leaving. 2 absolute binlids in EP3s/EP2s drag racing each other up the road side by side. Now I don't want to come across all Maud "Won't someone think of the children" Flanders but there were plenty of people leaving around the same time and us, many with young kids and that sort of idiocy has no place at an event like this.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.