JCC JDM Car Culture Show at Belfast Titanic Exhibition Centre 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ruth

RMS Regular
It was a superb show, the white gtr was stunning! Must have walked around for over 3 hours, could have stayed longer as there were so many tasty motors on display. Glad we went!

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Them civics outside racing annoyed me aswell , think it was the noise of them and the lack of speed that they thought they were doing, I could have ran faster lol other than the civic brigade it was a great show and the attention to detail that goes into cleaning them cars is incredible although I did have a say on Facebook about how many are actually driven ,in my eyes they aren't as they are way way way to clean lol

Car for me was the blue Datsun 280sx , loved it picked up a prize :grinning:

Last edited:

Sonny

RMS Photographer
I missed last year's but glad I went yesterday. I had no idea there were so many top quality cars in NI.

The wife took a shine to the white TRD GT86 at the door and the purple AE86 coupe. I loved Reinis' S2000 and the red T-top 300Z. There was a black R34 which had an unbelievable finish. Not so much as a swirl under the lights.

The one thing that could scupper a show like this I noticed when leaving. 2 absolute binlids in EP3s/EP2s drag racing each other up the road side by side. Now I don't want to come across all Maud "Won't someone think of the children" Flanders but there were plenty of people leaving around the same time and us, many with young kids and that sort of idiocy has no place at an event like this.

Seen those Civics being twats aswell. They had nothing to do with the show other than they drove a Japanese car... Stewards were beside my car at the time and noted it and radio'd through to alert authorities. Also quite a few others doing the same and constantly lapping up and down. Annoyed me mostly because I was trying to get a nap lol

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
To me this really was the ultimate 2017 show. What a selection of cars.

Full report soon but here are some teasers in the mean time

2017-07-09 119 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 043 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 039 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 594 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 004 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 161 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 146 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 333 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 205 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 349 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 567 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 401 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 530 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 520 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 589 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

2017-07-09 538 by Reinis Babrovskis, on Flickr

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Got tonnes of pictures. Nowhere near the quality of some here.

Thank you to the organisers of this. As a kid all I dreamed of was Skylines and Supras and this was Skyline heaven. I'd have paid in just to see the Skylines alone... and then the S Chassis... always a petrol head but my love started with the Japs and this was heaven all round.

Hard choice but this was probably my favourite car of the day.

IMG_20170709_172716_967.jpg

Fantastic show. My biggest issue was the fact the show was so popular it took ages to get some photos lol .. i was gonna give up on shows for a while and thank f*** i didnt. Can't wait til next year!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Overall it was a pretty good show. I'll admit while owing a Japanese car, an Impreza, I'm not the biggest fan of things like Corolla Twin Cams, Civics etc. On a whole the quality of the cars was very high and I enjoyed the variety and the chance to see cars you don't normally. I did enjoy seeing the like of the very early Starlet Turbos and I loved the Sunny Coupe.

The one thing that could scupper a show like this I noticed when leaving. 2 absolute binlids in EP3s/EP2s drag racing each other up the road side by side. Now I don't want to come across all Maud "Won't someone think of the children" Flanders but there were plenty of people leaving around the same time and us, many with young kids and that sort of idiocy has no place at an event like this.

There was a white MX5 that on arrival instead of just joining the queue to get in by doing a civilised U turn like everyone else was doing decided to use the handbrake to change direction.

I also agree with the cars being to close together. I was outside and despite there being ample space to allow decent room around the cars (there were big empty areas) the stewards were packing them in tight to each other, to the point the car beside me (3 door car) couldn't open its door fully as it would have hit mine. There was absolutely no need for this.

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Overall enjoyed it as a show, and loved a lot of the cars, pure jdm heaven. And I really didn't know there were so many R34s hiding over here! IDC Demos sounded and looked the part too, but it did have some weird things about it:

Inside was really randomly laid out, trade stands crammed against the wall on one side, and about 10ft away on the other side leaving random unused space.

Half the hall (S2000/Ae86 end) was really well laid out, nicely spaced out and all, then the other half the cars were crammed so close you couldnt walk between some easily or take decent full car photos and they got kinda lost (Accord/Civic/Altezza/Stagea bit)

Outside was just badly laid out, 4 rows of cars parked in front of each other so the rear rows got ignored, then all the vans and trailers parked right beside them, got to love show cars and rusty vans being together. A massive gap then a single row of cars then a handful across from that. With a chip van beside them meaning they were blocked by a queue the whole day. Kinda seemed like the outdoor cars were an after thought.

Still a really good show, just needs some layout tweaking imo

Favourite cars were probably Gary's mad micra pickup, the older JZXs and the Black s15 that was outside

My photos will be up over the next few days

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Some amazing jap cars that surprise me are even in this country. That Evo RS was like a wee timewarp. Also the metallic purple AE86 was right up my street on throttle bodies and a minimal engine bay.

As @trev 1515 said though, some serious dog rough paint between things that looked like they have never been buffed to cars that had paint off all over or broken skirts and bumpers (and im not talking drift cars here). Im a total noob with car care in that respect and I'd have been embarrassed to leave them in the carpark to be seen nevermind at a show.

Few cars got damaged taking them off trailers

Topmark

RMS Regular
Didn't make the show but did catch everyone leaving just after 6pm... which was great! My inner child (and everyone else's) came out as the owners of some stunningly powerful motors accidentally slipped their foot off the clutch.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
JCC-02 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-04 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-05 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-06 by Sonny Gorman, on FlickrJCC-08 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-09 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-28 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-38 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-41 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-43 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-49 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-58 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-60 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-68 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-72 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-76 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-80 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-82 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-89 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-107 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-109 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr

Sonny

RMS Photographer
JCC-110 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-112 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-115 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-116 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-117 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-120 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-121 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-124 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-128 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-130 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-131 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-132 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-135 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-137 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-139 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-141 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-146 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-153 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-156 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-158 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-159 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr
JCC-173 by Sonny Gorman, on Flickr

Sonny

RMS Photographer

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I also agree with the cars being to close together. I was outside and despite there being ample space to allow decent room around the cars (there were big empty areas) the stewards were packing them in tight to each other, to the point the car beside me (3 door car) couldn't open its door fully as it would have hit mine. There was absolutely no need for this.
Agreed. We parked in the car park next to the Exhibition centre and there was no one near us the whole time. Plenty of room for everyone.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.