JDM Car Culture 2019

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Again I wish I'd known who all off here was attending lol Still haven't a baldies who half of you are and I dare say we crossed paths a dozen times! The only person off here I recognised was WSM, and if it wasn't for the beard I probably wouldn't have spotted him either :joy:

I'm the same, no clue who is who on here. So I lingered round my car most of the day chatting to randomers, legs wasn't good for walking round

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Interesting posts and all good feedback for the show, but I definitely feel I have to come on and post some responses.

Card at the Gate is between Eikon and Ryan @sauce I guess, I'll ask him later as I'm sure he's wrecked lol but land to Mondello and it'll also be cash on the gate.. And no ATM there either. That's down to society now I guess and something to consider

Regarding the 'family', that's 1 case out of thousands who attended, generally were much more respectful than alot of other events I've been to. Again, it's down to human beings and the security, unfortunately there's always 1 eh?!

Lastly, on the point of £20 and wanting 'more cars'.. Call me crazy but 2 large halls, plus outside, plus drifting has to be twice to size of some show? And surely the wide variety of cars is something to note? I'm not comparing shows but how many are at Dubshed, Letstance etc out of interest? And what live action?

You'll never please everyone but some good pointers.. Helping and working with the guys from Day 1, we always come away with new ideas and feedback for next year, but it's clear to see this show is growing every year and getting better and better. It's drawing crowds from all over and the standard of cars is some of the best in the country. Compare it to Japfest Mondello if you want to compare jdm only, you'll see how JCC is overtaking it.

As for the traders who didn't show. Having paid I'm sure they have their reasons, maybe some emergency etc but would have been nice to know, the guys were dropped in it an hour before loading closed. Tight rules and lazy people caused a few spaces. So with some fine tuning it'll be a 10/10 show. As for yesterday most I've spoken to would say 8 or 9/10

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
My only small criticism would be about the drifting, it seemed there was a lot of folks a few rows deep around the track. Lots of empty space in the paddock but only a handful of people standing in there. Maybe there are reasons I'm unaware of, but it would have been good to open that space up to the public? It's not a biggie just knit picking.

I think it had a massive selection of cars and lots of Skylines so no complaints from me there. To be honest, I was happy at the lack of indoor stalls, more room for cars which is what i went there for. More cars and I spend less money, win win! Love that the event is now big enough that we're now getting lots of cars from the south for a big variety.

Unrelated note, that boy was looking way too much for that Alto or I'd have bought it on the spot!😂

gaz 300

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Nissan300ZX
Another great show guys well done to the organisers and staff at the show. So many great Jap cars on display and every year I am amazed at how devoted the owners must be to have thses cars in the absolute awesome condition they are in. So hard for the judges to pick winners but in a way we all won by saying "I was there" Looking forward to next year already. (y)

Jap-mc97

RMS Regular
Drives
Esi saloon civic
I have to agree it's a better show in my opinion than japfest, yes japfest is maybe more room etc for everything. But I think the quality standard at JCC compared to there is mental japfest doesn't even come close in that aspect for me.

Only thing I can complain on really is that one family as they were in my car when I wasn't there and broke my glove box, just not called for at all but it's one of them things if u had of locked it maybe it wouldn't have happened? But then again maybe the kid could have done more damage by trying to climb through the window! So cant win on that.

All in all a good day! I really enjoy the show was a big leap from last year in number of cars and people so yes might have been and looked abit 'unorganised' as people are saying, but u dont get everything right the first time the lads are doing there best year in and out and I can't fault them at all love the show one of my two favourites to go to all year!

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
lastly, on the point of £20 and wanting 'more cars'.. Call me crazy but 2 large halls, plus outside, plus drifting has to be twice to size of some show? And surely the wide variety of cars is something to note? I'm not comparing shows but how many are at Dubshed, Letstance etc out of interest? And what live action?
Dubshed has a round from the NI Autotest Championship both days every year with both drag racing and rallycross previous years. That's along side other displays throughout the day.

The card machines are a must in my eyes. There's no point worrying about what someone else's show is doing and using it to justify. Do your own thing and grow. Especially with the cash machine being located inside the hall it means people are having to go out of their way to get cash to pay.

Like you say though you'll never please 100% of the people 100% of the time unfortunately. Everyone will have different expectations of what it will be so it's an impossible task. Drop outs in both show entries and traders is a difficult thing to deal with but isnt uncommon unfortunately.

If anyone wants to raise the standard of cars in the country everyone should give building something a go. It's a small country with a small pool to pick from but if we all build something it'll only grow. I'm sure @chrisd1 will back me on that 😀

Gaz86

RMS Regular
MK6 golf, 35mm Eibach springs, 12mm H&R spacers, upgraded steering radio, multifunction steering wheel, 3 digit NI reg? 😂

There's bound to be a Jap equivalent lol

Don’t forget the obligatory VAG multicoloured thingy strung the rear view mirror lol

Thankfully there wasn’t an excessive amount of ruined jap cars running insane camber (y)

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
A few photos from the show
DSC_1061.JPG
DSC_1076.JPG
DSC_1095.JPG
DSC_1103.JPG
DSC_1163.JPG
DSC_1193.JPG
DSC_1200.JPG
DSC_1201.JPG
DSC_1202.JPG
DSC_1204.JPG

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I was actually looking for your stand Ross (thinking I need more snowfoam, shampoo and maybe a small amount of APC) , until I remembered you sent an email a few days back that you were on holiday. 🤦‍♂️