JDM Car Culture 2019

graham8

RMS Regular
Big credit to all involved in organising this show. Some great cars as usual and drifting was good entertainment. This is usually the best show of the year but I felt inside was not exactly packed with cars when compared to dubshed. As per usual with these shows 90% of cars unreal but some rough ones inside which let it down IMO (y)

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time

Gemma

RMS Regular
I think though when people apply to be in, they choose the best pictures of course and we all know a picture can hide a thousand sins. We all know that and some people who thought...my cars lovely it'll get in regardless of what I fill out on the sheet and maybe did it half assed, hence why chosen outside.
I've never hosted a show before but I'm sure it's extremely hard as hell to go through every application with their pictures and choose what's to go where and it'll never please everybody but in my opinion...that's the beauty of jap cars, they aren't garage queen's, they are rough and ready and used everyday and possibly live outside in the elements 24/7 365 days a year.
I enjoyed the show. I did think £20 for one day was steep BUT I have no idea how much the insurance was, security was etc etc so possibly a very expensive place to rent and had to charge £20 on the gate. I think it was cheaper for the early bird ticket however I know that doesn't suit everyone to buy.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I really enjoyed the show except I was parked right next to the DJ stage and wasn't going to listen to that for 6-7 hours. The other thing that annoyed me was that the lovely Tommi Mak in hall 1 had someone's brood climbing in the windows and opening and closing the doors without care. Not sure if they belonged to the owner or not but I'd have been fuming.

Jap-mc97

RMS Regular
Drives
Esi saloon civic
I really enjoyed the show except I was parked right next to the DJ stage and wasn't going to listen to that for 6-7 hours. The other thing that annoyed me was that the lovely Tommi Mak in hall 1 had someone's brood climbing in the windows and opening and closing the doors without care. Not sure if they belonged to the owner or not but I'd have been fuming.
Think someone was in my car as well glove box was ****ing broke. Fuming own stupidy leaving it open

Gemma

RMS Regular
Guys, I had to report a family to security as the kids were going ****ing mental around the cars, lying over the top of bonnets with the top half of their body, and hands in everybody's engine bay pulling at stuff! The security guy followed the family and caught the wee lad with his head stuck inside syes red Evo 9 with the boot lid closed down on his head trapping him by the neck! Security guy was straight over and gave off to her! Zero f*cks given

Last edited:

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
I thought it was a good show. Credit to the organisers, they done a good job.

Never gonna please everyone and everyone will have their own point of view. I appreciate the entry fee was on the higher side but consider the costs involved. If the event was held elsewhere people would have complained that the Eikon was not used etc etc.

Some really nice cars on display inside and out but ?’s on others.

Thankfully the DJ was put outside this year so at least you could hear yourself think whilst browsing the halls .

As for the behaviour of some kids ... the parents/guardians/supposed adults are the ones to blame and should be ashamed of themselves. I witnessed a wee fella just paw and rub all the panels on my car ... the dad was there and said bugger all ... if u had of approached I’d been the worst in the world. But as stated time and time again there is no respect for others and their property by certain people nowadays

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Looks like some lovely metal, especially the old celicas. I was going to go and bring the mrs, son and one of his mates. I just didnt fancy paying 80 quid to get in. I did notice that the classic car show in Dublin today were selling family tickets for 30 euro (2 adults and two kids). That'd definitely appeal to all the parents out there!!!

Cheers

Cooks
To be fair there was family tickets and under 12s went free.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z

Reinis, Pete and I seen a kid hopin in & out of cars. Then came back to mine to be greeted with little prints all over corner of drivers side glass.

I’d a great day. Caught up with old mates and seen some proper nice cars.

Honestly I was worried when I was asked to go into hell. Thought my zed would look out of place.

Think it was ok lol.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I thought it was a good show. Credit to the organisers, they done a good job.

Never gonna please everyone and everyone will have their own point of view. I appreciate the entry fee was on the higher side but consider the costs involved. If the event was held elsewhere people would have complained that the Eikon was not used etc etc.

Some really nice cars on display inside and out but ?’s on others.

Thankfully the DJ was put outside this year so at least you could hear yourself think whilst browsing the halls .

As for the behaviour of some kids ... the parents/guardians/supposed adults are the ones to blame and should be ashamed of themselves. I witnessed a wee fella just paw and rub all the panels on my car ... the dad was there and said bugger all ... if u had of approached I’d been the worst in the world. But as stated time and time again there is no respect for others and their property by certain people nowadays

I chased the same kids Gemma mentioned away from my mates car, they were pawing their hands all over it, mother wasn’t far behind and then the dad in tow, none of which seemed phased when I gave off to them. I don’t think kids under say 12 should be allowed in tbh. Parents clearly don’t even try to keep them under control. I know that makes it difficult for some families but out of consideration for those who put a lot of time and money into building these cars I think it’s reasonable. If they’d had sun cream or something on their hands and gets rubbed into the paintwork it leaves stains. I wouldn’t be happy if mine was damaged in any way.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Fantastic Show, Growing every year. Sure a few little niggles as with any event but overall its one of the best Shows in the country. The Cars being produced in Ireland are top level now and getting better every year. We really are lucky for all the size of this place. I think for the most part people are happy and seen the effort and scale of the event and the work behind the scenes before doors open. Thanks to everyone who dropped by the AE86s and great talking to so many friends and new faces. To next year.. 👍

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
To be fair there was family tickets and under 12s went free.

I looked at the website, and genuinely completely missed that!! Really good to know for future events. Thanks for sharing!!

Cooks

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Epic event and anybody who was involved - THANKS, well done!

Yeah we saw a redneck family where a child climbed into your civic @Jap-mc97 and we thought it was a son of owner (not knowing it was yours). He attempted to open glovebox. Then did it on another car and another. Then we cought on they don't know owners and made a very loud WTF. Family moved on but genuinely would I known it wasn't a relative I'd tell to F**K off immediately. Only way to stop this is security revoking tickets and kicking out. Will never do that again!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Something jap sounding getting thrashed round lambeg direction... hopefully everyone got themselves and their vehicles home safely.

fleety

RMS Regular
Looks like some lovely metal, especially the old celicas. I was going to go and bring the mrs, son and one of his mates. I just didnt fancy paying 80 quid to get in. I did notice that the classic car show in Dublin today were selling family tickets for 30 euro (2 adults and two kids). That'd definitely appeal to all the parents out there!!!

Cheers

Cooks
Well when paying in I said how much for my son to get in as he just turned 12 end of February and fella said go and F he's about 16
Boiled the blood a tad!

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Would I be right in saying the Jap scene wouldn’t be as strong as it was?

Fast & Furious films boosted it big time in the naughties but I’m just back from cruising the Port on a Sunday night & only seen one Jap car (Blob eye Scooby).

VAG has taken over unfortunately, so don’t blame today’s show for not delivering.