JDM WRX STI 'Hawkeye'

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Very nice

I done the same a few weeks ago (collected from Lincoln), albeit only for a WRX PPP Estate, but I'm so impressed with the car I'll be going for an sti next time round

I have the same coolant smell, and found the bottom of the radiator is damp, so have a new one to go in too

Attachments

• IMG_20200216_165729.jpg
    IMG_20200216_165729.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20200216_172804.jpg
    IMG_20200216_172804.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 140

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
That's class. The white is a nice change from the usual WRC blue.

Does the twinscroll drive much differently from single scroll. Is it a more linear power delivery now that with the wider powerband?

My only proper experience is with a 2.5 WRX. Drove a 2.5 STI but wasn't my car so didn't push too hard. It definitely pulls a lot harder.

Few more pics:
WRXSTI-11.jpg
WRXSTI-12.jpg
WRXSTI-13.jpg

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I want one that looks standard. A big slash cut angled jap can style one would take away from it I think.
I'm constantly eyeing one of these up for the DC5. Supposed to be a very well built and free-flowing exhaust. Probably worth looking at a few youtube videos for examples as to what difference it makes over standard.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Fujitsubo were the best sounding exhaust ever on a subaru. refined when tiddling along at any rpm and growley when you hit the loud pedal. having said that I would leave well alone as to me the car is a perfect balance for a daily driver

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Fujitsubo were the best sounding exhaust ever on a subaru. refined when tiddling along at any rpm and growley when you hit the loud pedal. having said that I would leave well alone as to me the car is a perfect balance for a daily driver

No reason why you can't have two 3" pipes for a daily 😜 I'm soon to have two 3.5" instead of 3" 😂😂😂

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Fujitsubo, H&S or a fully decatted prodrive system from the turbo back with an STI Genome backbox for newage are all prefect sounding on them, subtle when you want it to be but perfect Subaru note when on boost.

Last edited:

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
I want one that looks standard. A big slash cut angled jap can style one would take away from it I think.

Has to be a Hayward & Scott then, not too loud when pootling about but can get a 3" rolled so looks fairly standard.

Car looks great, had decided I was going to get a Forester myself, phoned yesterday to leave a deposit and sold! Back to the drawing board!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Love it, Always loved the Hawkeyes, doubt I'll ever own one though. :sob: Can't own them all unfortunately.

It gets driven alright but just stays off the road from Oct-April 😜
Whats driven? less than 1000 miles a year? Just curious as most parts of my S30 underneath were brand new and I have never driven it in the wet never mind the salt, but I still struggle to keep it looking as clean underneath as I'd like, brake dust tyre dust, general road dirt just seem to get on everything. I do drive it hard often but still due mostly to my job its often only 3000 miles or less a year. Hence me thinking you might actually drive it very little?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah its been about 1500 miles a year on average since 2017 almost always dry weather if possible. That pic was shortly after it was cleaned, painted and a few layers of the bilt hamber clear stuff applied. I’ll do the same again this summer when we get a nice spell of weather. Probably a degreaser applied, steam clean and then reapply the clear wax, for all it will cost.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Trip down to Eastwoods.

WRXSTI-14.jpg

For this
DSC_2109.JPG

DSC_2110.JPG

DSC_2111.JPG

DSC_2112.JPG

DSC_2114.JPG

Gave it a wash beforehand then squeezed into the garage for a wipe with Hybrid and Hydraclean on the glass. It could still do with a thorough clean in a few places however, in time.

DSC_2106.jpg

BrookST

RMS Regular
Drives
Monaro VXR
Hayward & Scott for the exhaust, great all rounder, I got it for the same reasons and wasn’t disappointed, car looks great Sonny 👍

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Hayward & Scott for the exhaust, great all rounder, I got it for the same reasons and wasn’t disappointed, car looks great Sonny 👍

Yeh it seems to be the best option to keep it standard looking.

Was on the Autobahn today and found out it is still limited to 112mph. Thought something was properly broken :worried:

DDCC-16.jpg