quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
20200301_104045.jpg

Think your own pictures a lot more impressive than mine 😂

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m an evo man but I’d drive that all fay long. Lovely car.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
It's still quiet at idle and tootling along. Backbox will be changed out for H&S down the line.

Nothing will compare to the noise I made daily in the Mini :p

RevT

RMS Regular
I’m not a Subaru man usually, always prefer Evo’s but that looks lovely in that colour with those wheels. I’d say for you to protect it as best possible too underneath, Jap motors like getting very rusty on our roads and you’re best trying to prevent it than fix it down the line.

Gambit

RMS Regular
sounds quite well with resonator removed. for a backbox id be careful on what you are selecting (which im sure you will be anyhow!)...being twin scroll they can sound very ricer if youre not careful. Ultimate would be a STI Titanium but its ulitmate ££ also but look perfect on them

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
sounds quite well with resonator removed. for a backbox id be careful on what you are selecting (which im sure you will be anyhow!)...being twin scroll they can sound very ricer if youre not careful. Ultimate would be a STI Titanium but its ulitmate ££ also but look perfect on them

I'm watching 6 STI Genome on eBay at the minute. Ranging from £350-600.

Resonator removal is grand for now. Rather spend the £ on stereo, MPH dials and limiter removal :p

Sonny

RMS Photographer
OP
Sonny
Not much going on other than trying to tidy up some of the areas that were completely bogging. Fuel filler area was black +o( Interior got it's first hoover and tidy up also.

Watching a few exhausts on eBay but most are collection only from England. Fujitsubo and Nur Spec... Enquired about a couple of new Nur Spec but 2-3+ month wait at the moment. Now would have been a nice time to have the front wheels refurbed but will have to wait. Debating splitter too now, don't want to drill into the bumper. Would tape hold ok?

WRXSTI-19.jpg
WRXSTI-20.jpg

MarkM

RMS Regular
Not much going on other than trying to tidy up some of the areas that were completely bogging. Fuel filler area was black +o( Interior got it's first hoover and tidy up also.

Watching a few exhausts on eBay but most are collection only from England. Fujitsubo and Nur Spec... Enquired about a couple of new Nur Spec but 2-3+ month wait at the moment. Now would have been a nice time to have the front wheels refurbed but will have to wait. Debating splitter too now, don't want to drill into the bumper. Would tape hold ok?

View attachment 273508View attachment 273509

That’s lovely, looks so right in white!

I wouldn’t be happy with a splitter with tape only, they take a bit of abuse at speed

Gambit

RMS Regular
Debating splitter too now, don't want to drill into the bumper. Would tape hold ok?
Wouldnt be too sure, I wasnt even confident with the popper clips on my old hawk and ended up replacing 2 main poppers at centre with small nut/bolt. Iirc it was only 2 holes to drill when fitting, if aftermarket, as they use existing holes mostly.

OE splitter might fit without any hole drilling though it's probably 3x the price

mpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
RB320

I got my Nur Spec from this crowd, showing in stock atm so might be worth a call

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(

Car looks great Sonny.
I suggest an offer of firing an extra fiver for packaging and you to arrange courier at your own cost to the eBay exhaust seller as that usually works. I did it.

As for splitter, I didn't have to drill my blobeye. It screwed into existing holes under the bumper. It was a HT Autos one.

PAULW

RMS Regular
Exhaust choice is very subjective. I bought a new nur spec and immediately sold it on, it was merely noise, didn't change tone as the revs changed. It was for impressing folk at traffic lights. I settled on the milltek, nice burble and really rips when the revs rise.

mpowered

RMS Regular
Drives
RB320
It depends tho, the Nur Spec is a cat back exhaust system, I've changed my headers to ceramic coated RCM headers and venturi up-pipe aswell as a RCM downpipe.
Sounds completely different to when I just had the Nur Spec on.
The only other system I was looking at was a Tomei Ti which sounds pretty awesome.
I would love to hear what it sounds like on Equal lenght headers for comparison

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

I'm still toying up the idea of getting a fujitsubo RM-01A from Torque GT at some point. If it saves on postage, could split the postage costs?

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Nice photos, car looks great.

I would love to hear what it sounds like on Equal lenght headers for comparison
IMO it makes them sound like a Honda, while this is not a bad thing I wouldn't want to lose the classic and iconic Subaru Burble, which I think sounds great, they need non equal length headers,