Keiths Nova Turbo Project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
m00k said:
cant believe ya told everyone :worried:

shuda kept it quiet till it was done lol

plus i've been tellin everyone u were tunin a corsa sport engine for it lol bi-atch

I've had people for the past month telling me what i was doing ^o), so someone, somewhere was telling the world, so might as well do a progress thread!

Keith

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
well it didnt come from me :worried: was lookin forward to the suprise factor of ppl jus goin wtf :eek:

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
KeithRobinson said:
It was stupidly quick for all it was, and sounded absolutely awesome. Turbo wont have the lovely carb sound, but then i wont mind :cool:

Keith

But it will have a dump valve!!!!!!!!!! Now what did I tell you before...get off the interweb and back into the garage!!!!!

HammyXR

Banned
Drives
MKII Xr2/MKV Der
m00k said:
well it didnt come from me :worried: was lookin forward to the suprise factor of ppl jus goin wtf :eek:

i dnt think itll be a suprise factor

cos its a nova that goes as well as at looks

good job big lad

STE_vie

RMS Regular
u shud do a corsasport thread, they would go mad for that... saw pics of it on corsasport before but just the odd one here n there..

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Pics of my Nova on corsasport? never on it before - might check it out.

Turbo timer is something i've never thought about tbh, but i guess its a good idea!

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
m00k said:

I know it wasnt, i guess most people were just guessing. I've been tortured on msn and PM's since i broke the 1.3.

No great loss, i'd rather people see how its done and the work involved. Showing a finished product is great, but everyone will appreciate the work involved seeing how its done :grinning:

Keith

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
ah well it'll still have the wow factor don't worry... jus cant wait to see, hear and get a run in it!!!

it was already one of the best modified cars in NI imo, 2litre turbo... 6 speed... lsd... oh my...

STE_vie

RMS Regular
yeah u wont find them now. im talking ages ago, like just a pic under a oblivious thread. but seriously put some pics up. we all love novas on it with exception of a few. turbo timer ive only saw on jap cars but few guys in my work have them. think its so cool as they get out of there cars, walk away and it dies itself...

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Ohhhh I like the look of this

You should have left the nova a 1.3, kept it then started allllll over again with another :p

You may get an account with your local tyre supplier lol

STE_vie

RMS Regular
corsasport can be very bitchy at times but def not as bad now as it used to be. personally i dont like mig...

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Rik GSi said:
You should have left the nova a 1.3, kept it then started allllll over again with another :p

I was very tempted to do a GTE, as i really love the agressive Mk1 Front. But i'm only in the middle of gathering parts - so you never know what i'll do.

Keith

nav man

m00k said:
cant believe ya told everyone :worried:

shuda kept it quiet till it was done lol

plus i've been tellin everyone u were tunin a corsa sport engine for it lol bi-atch

maybe he's still keeping it quiet, the work at the moment looks massive, i like it. How much more effort would it be to get an axle and box out of a RWD Omega and turn that engine through 90 degrees?

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
keith i still have that bottom pully and oil cooler for u mate if u want it now

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
nav man said:
maybe he's still keeping it quiet, the work at the moment looks massive, i like it. How much more effort would it be to get an axle and box out of a RWD Omega and turn that engine through 90 degrees?

Too much work involved and i wouldnt be able to keep it looking like a Nova. there's a fella has an XE'd RWD nova, usually posts on roybacer.co.uk. Its awesome, space framed front etc. And he managed to keep the rear standard without wider arches.

Carmad - I'll come up for those bits when you get hold of the coil, save me two journeys if thats ok?

Keith

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
You should put the turbo in the old 1.2 and leave it the way it is! How much fun would that not be!!!!!

neil205

RMS Regular
Drives
Cupra
looks brilliant......how much does a full respray like that cost?did u get it done privately or at a garage?

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Dont know how much Keith paid but it was a bare shell respray done by the Beetle restoration place in Ballymena behind the old Carnoisseur!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.