Keiths Nova Turbo Project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yeah it's a flat colour. It's pretty close to the bluegrey trim on Novas. The roll cage is powder coated the same colour and the brace etc is painted matched to the RAL code.
Guessing you have changed all the trim on this one to bluegrey as well?
You gave Brian Hartley 10 fortunes for his RL7's yet?! Personally i think the Speedlines are great on it, no point changing something just for the sake of change.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Guessing you have changed all the trim on this one to bluegrey as well?
You gave Brian Hartley 10 fortunes for his RL7's yet?! Personally i think the Speedlines are great on it, no point changing something just for the sake of change.

Yeah have no plans to change the wheels. Yeah all the trim always was bluegrey as it was all new from vauxhall when I built the first car in 2001/2. Got the door handles etc new recently as the old ones were painted.

Wheel refurb, tyres, mapped, MOT / tax / insurance and it will be ready for a shakedown.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Got the car up and running over the weekend using the basic XE on TB's map within the DTA software. Checked it over for leaks, of which there were a few, and fixed them.

Saving now to refurbish the wheels, get tyres and send it for mapping.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Funny this has really grown on me since the video ^

Must be one of these cars that is x10 times better in the flesh even though it looks great in pics.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Funny this has really grown on me since the video ^

Must be one of these cars that is x10 times better in the flesh even though it looks great in pics.

Low light photos do nothing for the colour really. You can see it starting to pop in the video. The grey really helps it too

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Yeah it really comes together in the vid. Had a wee gander at your other Nova for the first time in the flesh today when I was doing work to my 24v Sierra - very nice!

Cool, I'll probably get that lifted in a few weeks. It's not bad considering it was built in 1995

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Little bit more work done today. Tidied up the interior and finished off some wiring.

FullSizeRender 8.jpg

FullSizeRender 9.jpg

FullSizeRender 10.jpg

FullSizeRender 11.jpg

FullSizeRender 12.jpg

FullSizeRender 13.jpg

Still do do:
- Fit interior sill covers
- Refurbish wheels including spare 5th
- New tyres
- Carbon door cards
- Carbon scuttle
- Mapped

Cheers
Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Finally got around to sorting the wheels. I didn't think the silver did much for the car and I wanted the Rubystone to really "pop".

So Alloy Clinc in Ballymoney were tasked with a full refurb which consists of
- Acid dip
- Media blast
- Powder coat primer
- Wet colour
- Powder coat lacquer

I went for a custom bronze, and a matt lacquer. It's something fresh and I believe totally transforms the car - Love it!

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Good call on the bronze wheels, really suits it.

Wasn't sure on the colour at first but really liking it now.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.