Lease deals thread

Dan.86

RMS Regular
My neighbour was telling me VW/BCA aren’t giving you the option to purchase the car after the end of the lease due to the shortage of new cars? Anyone experience this?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Buggar, we want to buy our Tiguan next May.
Isn’t this almost always the case with leasing and one of the major differences between pch and pcp? Why did you choose a lease if you knew you wanted to buy or did you not know that?

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Isn’t this almost always the case with leasing and one of the major differences between pch and pcp? Why did you choose a lease if you knew you wanted to buy or did you not know that?
We didn’t. We made a decision last year because the wife loves it so much. We leased because of the cost at the time.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
It’s whatever way the lease contract works. You don’t buy from VW, you buy prior to it going to auction from BCA who handle all of their ex lease cars.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
My neighbour was telling me VW/BCA aren’t giving you the option to purchase the car after the end of the lease due to the shortage of new cars? Anyone experience this?
A friend's parent had a Merc GLC (I think, I'm not big on crossover type vehicles) on lease with something else on order (possibly the same model again) except their order now doesn't have a build date anymore because of semi-conductor shortages and they couldn't keep the lease in the meantime. They got some Kia petrol SUV thing instead and cancelled the order.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

We’ve always been given the option to purchase too. Not that I would.

technics100

RMS Regular
Drives
Sportline 2.0t
Yeah I had the same option before my Skoda Superb went back.. I had the buy back of £17,325.. 3 years old, 37k.. Sportline estate 2.0T 220bhp... then I kept an eye out and it was for sale in England for £21,500 and sold within a few days.. Made more sense for me to lease a new car rather than trying to Finance £17k.. also needed 7 seats..

Dan.86

RMS Regular
So in a bizarre twist my wife rang up to enquire about her mileage and asked about buying the car at the end of her lease and they’ve offered her to buy it now plus the lease termination cost for half the remaining lease. Needless to say if the numbers stack up we will buy it!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
So in a bizarre twist my wife rang up to enquire about her mileage and asked about buying the car at the end of her lease and they’ve offered her to buy it now plus the lease termination cost for half the remaining lease. Needless to say if the numbers stack up we will buy it!

When you say ‘the lease termination cost for half the remaining lease’ what do you mean?

Im thinking of ending early & got a settlement figure of £1400, lease isn’t up until June next year. Current monthlies are £372 PM. Hard to get away from the £1400 fee being a waste of money

Marc

RMS Moderator
When you say ‘the lease termination cost for half the remaining lease’ what do you mean?

Im thinking of ending early & got a settlement figure of £1400, lease isn’t up until June next year. Current monthlies are £372 PM. Hard to get away from the £1400 fee being a waste of money
Say you have 8 monthly payments remaining.

372 x 8 = £2967 to keep the car full term

If they offer you 50% discount on the fees to hand back early you pay £1500 and walk away.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
We had the same options. End early hand it back along with half the remaining payments or hold onto it. In the end I just sorned my own car and drove away at it for the remainder of the term to get the use out of it. Would really struggle handing the car and money back!

davyk31

RMS Regular
Can’t see much logic to buying it now and having to pay half the remaining lease costs. Just keep paying to end of term and then buy if you wish. The car should be cheaper and perhaps considerably so if the used car values drop back from their current highs.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Reasonable deal on the ID.3 Max in an email today from Stable. Around £300 per month depending on term and mileage on a personal deal. Most of the deals are on the basic Life model so good to see something decent on the top of the range Max.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Can’t see much logic to buying it now and having to pay half the remaining lease costs. Just keep paying to end of term and then buy if you wish. The car should be cheaper and perhaps considerably so if the used car values drop back from their current highs.
Neither did it but it’s the wife’s decision. I think she’s afraid she won’t get the option again if she holds on to near the time. That said if the numbers don’t work for her it won’t be happening anyway.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Reasonable deal on the ID.3 Max in an email today from Stable. Around £300 per month depending on term and mileage on a personal deal. Most of the deals are on the basic Life model so good to see something decent on the top of the range Max.

Had one out on Friday and I had a ball driving it.