Lease deals thread

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
I called earlier in the week and they emailed me through a couple of quotes yesterday - not as cheap as the advertised (now removed) deal was. I increased the miles up to 12k, but at the quoted 11p extra per mile, my offer was working out at £500 more expensive over 2 years.

Be interesting to see what price you get quoted @Laundrymike

Last edited:

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I called earlier in the week and they emailed me through a couple of quotes yesterday - not as cheap as the advertised (now removed) deal was. I increased the miles up to 12k, but at the quoted 11p extra per mile, my offer was still working out at £1500 more expensive over 2 years.

Be interesting to see what price you get quoted @Laundrymike

Will let you know…it did seem too cheap!

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Sorry that was meant to be £500 extra. I edited the original post. Still works out to be a decent deal, if you can wait the guts of a year.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Sorry that was meant to be £500 extra. I edited the original post. Still works out to be a decent deal, if you can wait the guts of a year.

Ah no, just read over the last few posts again and seen the September ‘22 bit…hmmm

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
Online deals on the mainland never come in at whats advertised. It hooks you in then by the time you tailor it to your needs the costs have rocketed.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Online deals on the mainland never come in at whats advertised. It hooks you in then by the time you tailor it to your needs the costs have rocketed.

The only extras I’ve ever paid for a mainland lease was the flight and ferry to get it home and for damage.

Like hiring a car or whatever you need to play the game. If you want a fully tailored lease on different mileage and options it’s going to cost a fortune. Same if you’re looking a specific make and model.

I set the budget and find the car to fit. Been doing it that way off and on for nearly 20 years now and have never paid any more than headline figure.

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
Is leasing not total daylight robbery?

I found this quote on a new RS3 Saloon:

2k down 615 per month for 3 years, 8k miles allowance.

Total cost over 3 years - 24,140

Car's only worth 45k new so you are paying more than half the purchase price and not getting to keep the car. Also can't modify it as isn't yours and you are stuck with it for the entire term and can't switch it out if you want to.

Sounds totally bonkers to me, am I missing something?

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes you’re missing the point entirely. If you bought a brand new car what’s it going to be worth in 3 years time? In normal times a ‘deal’ is where the lease cost is less than that depreciation amount, due to manufacture subsidy or whatever.

No idea about RS3’s.

Chances are it’s not a ‘deal’ in the sense of this thread and wouldn’t really be considered as such if the lease cost exceeds depreciation.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Is leasing not total daylight robbery?

I found this quote on a new RS3 Saloon:

2k down 615 per month for 3 years, 8k miles allowance.

Total cost over 3 years - 24,140

Car's only worth 45k new so you are paying more than half the purchase price and not getting to keep the car. Also can't modify it as isn't yours and you are stuck with it for the entire term and can't switch it out if you want to.

Sounds totally bonkers to me, am I missing something?
I think the perfect example is that hilux deal that was posted. You could have a brand new 2.8 diesel manual hilux for £2000 advance and £222 a month for 8k miles a year for 2 years. To buy its £40k and pcp is double that cost at probably close to £400 a month.

Edit to update correct numbers.
922E26B9-20E3-4EF5-9FB4-9C3D48143A1E.png

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
Yes you’re missing the point entirely. If you bought a brand new car what’s it going to be worth in 3 years time? In normal times a ‘deal’ is where the lease cost is less than that depreciation amount, due to manufacture subsidy or whatever.

No idea about RS3’s.

Chances are it’s not a ‘deal’ in the sense of this thread and wouldn’t really be considered as such if the lease cost exceeds depreciation.

With the current market and the way it's been for the past few years cars at 2-3 years old aren't really that much less than new. At least performance stuff anyway.

RS3's etc 2 years old with 15-20k miles still reaching 40k which is only 5k less than new price.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
With the current market and the way it's been for the past few years cars at 2-3 years old aren't really that much less than new. At least performance stuff anyway.

RS3's etc 2 years old with 15-20k miles still reaching 40k which is only 5k less than new price.

Yes it’s not normal times and that wouldn’t be a ‘deal’ in the sense of the thread. Not sure I could be any clearer.

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
Yes it’s not normal times and that wouldn’t be a ‘deal’ in the sense of the thread. Not sure I could be any clearer.

That makes sense but I know of some people paying almost 400 a month for a skoda VRS saying it's a great deal and in reality they are throwing away around 15 grand in 3 years and getting nothing to show for it once the cars been handed back.