Lease deals thread

neil-c

RMS Regular
I ordered a Maxus, just got the order confirmation there this morning. They only had metallic paint options left so it was £129+VAT, 1+11 for 10k miles and £300 admin fee.

It's for a pool vehicle for work for staff to run to site meetings etc. Not 100% convinced on electric for work, but we'll see how it goes. It's a cheap way of dipping our toe into EVs.

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
I ordered a Maxus, just got the order confirmation there this morning. They only had metallic paint options left so it was £129+VAT, 1+11 for 10k miles and £300 admin fee.

It's for a pool vehicle for work for staff to run to site meetings etc. Not 100% convinced on electric for work, but we'll see how it goes. It's a cheap way of dipping our toe into EVs.
Who was this through?

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Looks like there’ll be an RMS members meet at the docks then?

They told me they can’t put it on the boat for me but can get it to the dock in GB. Will be interested to hear what other people have been told?

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st

They told me they can’t put it on the boat for me but can get it to the dock in GB. Will be interested to hear what other people have been told?
Yes me and my mate got one along with @neil-c if we all ordered threw osv wonder if they would do a deal to meet at Belfast port ?
Heard the range is very poor in these? Seen these yesterday but thought it was unlikely to suit my commutes.
Yes poor but don't do big miles as have work van and the missus works 3mile away. Too good to turn down at that money

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR

Always been the same, you'll have to foot passenger over to Cairnryan and put it on the boat yourself. Otherwise Stena / P&O would have to agree to cars travelling over on their own and that would mean drivers leaving the boat after loading the car and also entering the boat to collect the car.

It may seem simple to organise, but why would Stena / P&O bother?

RevT

RMS Regular
They can put them on unaccompanied yes, but it’s more expensive and because they’re booked on as freight that way, they need one of those EORI numbers or whatever.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Haha

IMG_7623.png

RubberLover

RMS Regular
No date yet. Was chasing them and they said they had 800 orders and working through them all as fast as possible

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
RMS collection road trip?? Haha

Just signed and returned my final lease forms. They had a number plate on them, so I assume delivery will be soon. I've asked about delivery. Do you have a date Phil?
Still waiting on a date and wouldn't mind finding out who the supplying dealer is to collect directly if not to far from port

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
This year is shaping up to offer some good lease deals on EV between their sales 'slowing down' and the new manufacturer emissions requirements, its likely that it'll be cheaper for them to sell EV's and a loss to hit the requirements rather than pay the associated fines.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Business deal only so can't compare it. Their Tesla deal is £120 a month more than I'm paying at the minute.

The mental quick MG4 is always value but you couldn't be guaranteed that it would still be going after 3 months, never mind 36.

Last edited:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Amortised to £585 a month. It's very possible that I'm out of touch a bit, but is that a good deal? That's more than my old mortgage was!

It is in the sense that a comparable deal on the i4 is ~£150/month more expensive.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
EDIT: Just realised it's a used lease!!

Billy bargain for a LR Model 3 at £336 a month for 10k miles

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 10.28.07.png