Lease deals thread

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
I'm about 5 months away from the end of my extended lease, it was extended due to some potentially Brexit related issue about a year ago where leasing companies couldn't/wouldn't deal with NI. Reading this thread I see a few mentions of the problem from about a year ago but not so much lately - has it sorted itself out? Has anyone successfully leased a car from an English company recently - albeit delivered to Cairnryan?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I find a lot of companies that used to deliver to a port won’t anymore.

We had to have our last one collected by a transport company.

Maybe factor in a ~£500 delivery cost.

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
So you did deal with an English leasing company but they just wouldn't deliver it to Cairnryan? I had heard that it was a finance issue with people from NI, I'd be happy to fly over to a friend in Essex and drive the car home but they wouldn't agree to that either!

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
So you did deal with an English leasing company but they just wouldn't deliver it to Cairnryan? I had heard that it was a finance issue with people from NI, I'd be happy to fly over to a friend in Essex and drive the car home but they wouldn't agree to that either!
Yeah we were a repeat customer with a company based in Brighton who had delivered a car to Cairnryan for us before but refused to the last time.

Don’t think it was a finance issue as they were happy for me to collect the car but I just didn’t have time hence the transport company.

SandLake

RMS Member
Drives
VW Tiguan
Is that Rivervale? That's who I am with and they told me that I couldn't get a new lease as I was from NI. The girl in Essex is a good friend of mine and I said I would use her address but that was a no, they said it wouldn't work - but they did offer me a 1 year extension which looking back on it was a bit unusual.

I see a few posts back people talking about good deal with OSV (who operate out of Rivervale premises!!!) so they must be dealing with NI again?

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Did you get your t90 then?
Yes got the Temu Truck

IMG_2715.jpeg
IMG_2775.jpeg
IMG_2770.jpeg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Theres more rust on that than my 24 year old TT!!

Had seen some of the photos on pistonheads and figured it was a one off lol

RubberLover

RMS Regular
Feck! Did you notice that before hand over? Maybe it doesnt matter as it's a lease, just as long as there are no dings/scratches.

I'm collecting mine on Tuesday. I'm getting off the boat at 9.45am. Do you think I've any chance of getting the 11.30am home?
My driver had been waiting at Cairnryan for a few hours before I got there. I got the 11.30am boat back after changing from the 3 o’clock

Was delivered by ProDriver Logistics, very smooth handover

neil-c

RMS Regular
My driver had been waiting at Cairnryan for a few hours before I got there. I got the 11.30am boat back after changing from the 3 o’clock

Same as me then. I'm booked on the 3pm on a Flexi, so hoping to get turned around quickly. But worst case, I have my laptop with me so I'll find a spot and just do a bit of work.

The problem is, now that I know you made it work, I'll be gutted if it doesn't work out for me!! Haha.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st

Still waiting on a date for mine hopefully get one next week

J-VW

RMS Regular
View attachment 424687
Stuck a form in for that. Have absolutely no need for it but wife likes them. Two years cheap motoring. Will see if it materialises.....

Ended up ordering this afternoon for the quoted price above. 2/3 week lead time, pickup from Cairnryan. Red with a very loud cream and red interior. Had nipped into Charles Hurst Ora on Saturday to see if they could match and get a drive in one. Smashing wee ev to be honest was very impressed at how well it drove and the build quality. Nice chaps but couldn't get near the above price.

Franko666

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo S60
Got one of our company cars through select car leasing, easy to deal with and they delivered it to Cairnryan where I picked it up.