Lease deals thread

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Was watching a report on Bloomberg about Hertz offloading their Tesla fleet for $16000 in the US.

If I could get someone to pay me £18 a £14k car and then give it back to me after 4years to extract the remaining value , I’d be laughing all the way to Cultra.

And I’m not an EV hater.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Was watching a report on Bloomberg about Hertz offloading their Tesla fleet for $16000 in the US.

If I could get someone to pay me £18 a £14k car and then give it back to me after 4years to extract the remaining value , I’d be laughing all the way to Cultra.

And I’m not an EV hater.

Is a 2019 Long range tesla not like anywhere between 20k to 25k depending on miles and finish?

The car will be near 9 years old when it finishes the lease. Remaining value could be very little at that stage.

Vw Nut001

RMS Regular
Drives
biTDI C7 A6
Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 19.10.40.png

Noticed this offer today

Model Y RWD
£3591 - deposit
£399 x 24 months
10k miles a year

I do suspect the face lift is on the way

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Are people really paying those big deposits for lease cars?
I add the total lease cost together then compare that to what you’d expect to be losing if you bought the same car outright and sold it after a couple of years.

If the lease total is likely to be a lot less then it’s a good deal.

Either way you’re just paying the depreciation.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Our last lease went back with under 15k miles after 3 years. Not everyone needs to drive absolutely everywhere.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
My mum has done 14600 miles in her car over the last 3 years. She still does the school run for her great grandkids and goes shopping etc so it's possible.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I add the total lease cost together then compare that to what you’d expect to be losing if you bought the same car outright and sold it after a couple of years.

If the lease total is likely to be a lot less then it’s a good deal.

Either way you’re just paying the depreciation.

This is exactly it, when we leased a car for my wife a few years ago I had so many friends/neighbours/etc ask how it made sense, if we were paying monthly for something we would never actually own. So I asked them to think about depreciation on their cars (one had a new vehicle which dropped £15k in 2yrs) and how much they would get for resale, add in road tax costs, maintenance costs, etc. And in most cases the lease made more financial sense - we may not own the car at the end of the lease, but we would have lost more money by buying a comparative model rather than leasing. Of course it all depends on the pricing you're getting but we fortunately got a really good deal which I've never seen repeated.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Our last lease went back with under 15k miles after 3 years. Not everyone needs to drive absolutely everywhere.
Similar, mine has 12k and goes back in July, if it wasn't for trips to the RVH, it would be reading about 6k , still needs a set of front tyres mind you :grinning: