Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

j44nty

RMS Regular
Had to nip down for bacon and milk. I hate you Lidl and your offers.
20170916_112922.jpg

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Nipped in and bought a few things. Slow day at the workshop so decided to **** about with the Lidl tools instead of doing anything useful. Bought the chipping hammer, drill, cutter, cheaper hose line and a few connectors.

IMG-20170916-WA0000.jpeg

The loose hose appeared better than the one on the reel from what I could see. It's fairly thin / restrictive though.

Drill is good. All metal cast body, keyed chuck with minimal runout, powered metal forward/reverse switch and a plastic trigger (which will probably wear out over time). Drilled a 10mm hole (max it'll take) in 3inch wood and a metal plate ok, struggling just a bit near the end. Perfect for tighter spaces. Comes with 7/8 or so bits, a case, chuck key and oil. For £13 a bargain.

IMG_20170916_141616.jpg

IMG_20170916_141841.jpg

The air chisel was bought to help with rusted nuts and bolts and if necessary to knock the head off particularly bad ones. For that job it should be ok. I wouldn't expect it to lift a kitchen floor in a hurry though. Comes with 5/6 bits, case and machine oil. Full metal body, powder coated, throttle wheel and again a plastic trigger. Doubt it'll get used much but handy to have just in case. Had a rattle at an old bolt. Chewed her up good.

IMG_20170916_140546.jpg

IMG_20170916_144335.jpg

Lastly was the recriprocating mini saw. Figured it would be useful for the jobs that I couldn't reach with the grinder. For that I guess it'll be fine, just will need some patience. It's sloooow. About 10 minutes to get through the bolt above.

Metal/plastic body, felt like fibreglass reinforced plastic on the head, metal trigger on a plastic valve. Very similar set up to a lot of the cheaper Chinese pneumatic tools.

IMG_20170916_142448.jpg

I had a quick squizz at the air rachet and it appeared to be very similar to a Chicago Pneumatic one I brought in from America a few months back. It's utter dung but was £8 ish. CP haven't fallen into the same trap Parkside have done by covering the handles in butylene, which will fall to pieces with oily hands.
IMG_20170916_144006.jpg

£13 each for the tool sets. Bargains even if they are rarely used and look like crap after 5 minutes.

Oh and loads still available in connswater :grinning:

NotKG

Banned
IMG_20170916_205507913.jpg

does the home garage ok
i'v air chisel, large and small grinder from last time too. never opened. just got the new shed up so it will be getting stocked.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Air chisel will pay for itself when you're doing bush replacement and want to get the old bush sleeve out of a subframe or radius arm @Coog. They're a great job for that.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Got the ratchet the last time they were in,not great tbh

Air chisel has came in handy loads of times though

NotKG

Banned
Got the ratchet the last time they were in,not great tbh

Air chisel has came in handy loads of times though

most air ratchets are useless caus theyre used like a torque wrench for lorry wheels. i had one 15 years, used daily, mostly on timing belt covers and water pump and sump bolts,,,i lent it out and it was broke in a few hours, the idiot was taking wheels off a rusty old jeep with it. swinging on it, even persuading it with his feet.
i dont lend usually, and when i do i usually regret it.

lent a guy a little garden trailer in good order, he took it to a yard and a humungus excavator emptied a bucket of wet sand into it and it just collapsed there on the spot. about a ton and a half in a trailer for 200-300 kg. told me it must have been ready to go,,
i dont lent usually,, i keep saying it over and over. pah"!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Get good branded blades for the air hacksaw @Coog and it will be a lot better, they are slowish but have there uses

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bought some earlier as it happens.

This SIP air drill looks remarkably similar:

Sip 3/8" Keyed Reversible Air Drill | eBay

In fact a quick spot of browsing on eBay brings up a load of tools that are essentially identical for a few quid more each.

Wear a glove on the hand that's holding the drill. They get ridiculously cold when in use. Friend of mine got his hand frozen to an air drill a long time ago and lost some of the skin from the palm of his hand.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The Parkside one has a butylene cover over the handle. In saying that last time I was drilling a broken bolt the bit snapped and I nearly took the end of my finger off on a brake disc backing plate, so it's gloves at all times now lol

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Would you need an oiler on the airline for these tools or is not really a big deal?

Ollie

RMS Regular
Would you need an oiler on the airline for these tools or is not really a big deal?
Just stick a few drops of oil in the tools air inlet.

I bought the air ratchet/drill combo. Pretty disappointed. The air just passed though it and it uses loads of air.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Nobody mentioned the 40 quid cordless impact gun on from yesterday. Raging I missed it. Would have loved to try one!!

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
I had one of those a few years back an they were useless
Had to break nuts with a bar then use the gun just to remove
My ryobi cracks every bolt its touched so far

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I had one of those a few years back an they were useless
Had to break nuts with a bar then use the gun just to remove
My ryobi cracks every bolt its touched so far
they get decent reviews for what they are. Check youtube
biggest benefit is that the rest of the parkside 12v range can use the 5m 12v cigarette adapter

NotKG

Banned
theyre just 100nm torque,
handy for stripping smaller things like lawnmowers or the like. i got one the other day, thought i'd give it a go at something harder, a transit wheel nut.
it took it off, but the wind up and kick created a heck of a noise.
for £40 it has its uses, 100nm uses.. does what it says on the box, but is not a milwaukee.