Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
It’s a wood turning lathe, not for metal just in case anyone was thinking that. Still kinda want it 😂
One of the best properties of a lathe, wood or metal, is a good heavy machine.
Not that I've tried this one, but just saying.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
One of the best properties of a lathe, wood or metal, is a good heavy machine.
Not that I've tried this one, but just saying.
Yeah can see it probably flexing even shaping round bars, put an uneven bit in to work and probably rattle to bits.
Anyone tried the ash vacuum from Lidls?
Crap for ashes tbh as the filter blocks up soo fast, but any vacuum would, bagged ones can block quickly too.

But since it didn’t work well for that it’s been out in the tyres workshop for years for cleaning out tyres that are being worked on and fitted, still going strong. Filter just needs cleaned out every few weeks

Reactions: crx

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They're a bit more expensive now than they used to be but still worth having IMO. I've done all sorts with it over the years.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I just thought it would be handy to have in the garage, seeing as I already have a few other Parkside tools and batteries.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I just thought it would be handy to have in the garage, seeing as I already have a few other Parkside tools and batteries.
Yea mine is only used for wheels.
Handy to have for the price
Hasn't let me down yet

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Make sure you’ve the 4a battery for it. It doesn’t work well with 2a

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Make sure you’ve the 4a battery for it. It doesn’t work well with 2a
Yeah I have a 4a battery and a 2a battery at the minute. Going to grab another 4a next time they're in.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Yeah I have a 4a battery and a 2a battery at the minute. Going to grab another 4a next time they're in.
Also if you forget to charge the battery for a long time it will die and won't recharge. When you put it back in charge it will just stay red or flash saying error.

However it's not a dud. You just have to jump the battery from another battery before putting it into the charger. I thought I'd lost a few of mine. Then jumped them from another battery, left then on for 10mins then put into charger and it works.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
When the stars line up and they have something you actually need at that minute in time
EB7CFC82-ED83-47A0-9BC8-1A50EBCC0873.jpeg

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
When the stars line up and they have something you actually need at that minute in timeView attachment 348305

I have that, good job and has been used a few times! I prefer the excitement of going to do a job and then realising you bought the tool for it 2 years ago when you had absolutely no need of it lol.....fuels the fire for buying more tools you don't need :joy:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
if anyone sees a plasma cutter in their local branch message me and let me know will you please?!

There was a delay with them being delivered to stores apparently! So they may end up turning up completely at random some day.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
There was a delay with them being delivered to stores apparently! So they may end up turning up completely at random some day.
Explains why there was none. I don’t want one but hoping the extra boxes of tips etc come in with them

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Anyone try the portaband hacksaw at Lidl?
£90 I think it was.

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Seen the double disc grinder and die grinder in the derry branch yesterday. I think someone was looking for these a while back.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Wee fella stood on my impact gun and broke the shaft when changing wheels a while back. Was in Andytown store at end of last week, and they had one in a damaged box at a reduced price of £35 - result!