Looking to get a new car,went to dealer, felt like they where telling me where to go

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave..

RMS Regular
The fellas on Boucher don't make things easy, I could give you a long drawn out example very recently from Merc Belfast, but the short version is that a car is being ordered via Carwow...
I bought 2 Mercs from Boucher road and both times the service was very good.
Also a mini from Agnews mini and again great service.
We tried to buy an Audi from Audi Belfast and the service was sh1te.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
We're not all bad.....

Yeah there a few good people no doubt that's why I didn't say all dealers. The service is terrible in some places, jumped up p***ks who think they are better than you in their skin tight suits and Essex wide boy hair cuts.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I finally noticed the service desk hidden in the corner so walked over and the guy left me standing at his desk for a few more minutes before he put his pen down looked me up and down and asked what I wanted (as rude as that).

Your kidding me Chris, that's the height of ignorance. It would be very hard not to tell someone like that to go **** himself. I use online sites or forums for any parts now as I just cant have the stuck up attitude of some of these people.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Your kidding me Chris, that's the height of ignorance. It would be very hard not to tell someone like that to go **** himself. I use online sites or forums for any parts now as I just cant have the stuck up attitude of some of these people.

Yes mate as rude as that, as I said everyone has their bad days but it shouldn't impact work. Especially when you are customer facing lol

The parts guy is very sound however so I now know where to go to avoid the showroom staff :grinning:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I'm sure his boss would love to hear how he greets customers.

veron

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Jump in the car, head up to Coleraine, call into JKC and see what happens. If they can't do you a deal, bring the missus for a bite to eat in Ramore and all is not lost!!

KevM

RMS Regular
[QUOTE="ChrisL, post: 3095355, member: 4336"I finally noticed the service desk hidden in the corner so walked over and the guy left me standing at his desk for a few more minutes before he put his pen down looked me up and down and asked what I wanted (as rude as that).[/QUOTE]

I would well believe that. Service and Parts are (generally) a different breed of awkward unhelpful ignorance... to both staff and public! lol

jc7891

RMS Regular
Regards the staff in a lot of the places it depends where you go and who you get talking to that can either make or brake an experience, I understand that from doing the job.

What a lot of people forget though when they price against carwow and so on is what it cost to run a large dealership, you would never walk in Bavarian or Mercedes and think flip this is going to be a cheap place to buy a car!! To most on here it's all about price!! But to a lot of non car lovers it's the service, the fact of a face or person to go back to if they need something or if the car is in for work is worth that little bit extra!!

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Many many times I have been in a car showroom and been blanked by the staff, granted I look like I'm homeless but that's not the point. I stood in Toyota many years ago for 30 minutes looking around a new celica not 1 person even looked near me. Same in a certain couple of BMW dealerships. I wouldn't go near any big dealership anymore simply because of their look down their nose attitude to people. Soon it will all go online and these pretentious pr1cks will have to find another job.
I too was in jaguar looking a part for the good ship mondeo after all a X type is just a mondeo in a fancy frock. Dressed in my best scruffy jeans and black Sabbath t shirt I was instantly despised. Went to the parts desk to be told I would need a jaguar chassis number for them to sell me a part. So I left and will never return even if I had the money for their big time operator cars I still wouldn't buy 1.

jc7891

RMS Regular
Depends where you go and who you get but majority are very quick to tar all with the same brush!! Some do take the job very serious and provide a good service but as always negative news is shared a lot more often than positive,

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Depends where you go and who you get but majority are very quick to tar all with the same brush!! Some do take the job very serious and provide a good service but as always negative news is shared a lot more often than positive,

The man I bought my Cupra off is that good to deal with, he has sold 5 cars to my family.

Negative
I walked into SERE Seat in December 2014 to order my 1st FR. After standing waiting for someone to acknowledge my father in law and myself, I got the attention of someone. I told him exactly what I was after and could he help. He responded no computers are down, I said ok fair enough, do you know lead times on them..... Nope was his response. I mentioned they had a black one sitting outside and could I have a look at it, he said it was a customers car. I said ok can you call me when the computers are back up?? Aye will do!

Positive
Got into the car and drove straight to Roadside and was handed the keys to a new red one and told to work away with a test drive. Told him it wasn't necessary as I wanted one, he said ok let me call you on Friday when I can check what's available colour wise etc. He followed up as discussed. White one arrived.

Fast forward 5 months and the touch screen failed, straight over and when I was in he came down and handed me the keys of a Cupra and said take that for a few days and let me know what you think. 3 months later a new Cupra arrived into the show room, he called me on the Thursday to call over for a coffee which I did. Took the wife over on the Saturday and he told me his offer on it. The better half told me to buy it and I collected it on the Thursday and he bought her a lovely bunch of flowers etc. He is in the trade a long time and for Seat purchasing I wouldn't go anywhere else as he is great to even have a chat with.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
To most on here it's all about price!! But to a lot of non car lovers it's the service, the fact of a face or person to go back to if they need something or if the car is in for work is worth that little bit extra!!
You've just made his point though. With their standard of service, they would have had to been a hell of a lot cheaper to get him to part with his cash.

I'm not saying that there was poor service, everyone's recollection of events is different. The customer may think that the salesman despised him the minute he walked through the door. The salesman may say the customer came in all gung-ho after 5 minutes of googling and reading hearsay from space cadets on an internet forum making unrealistic requests. Perhaps the salesman was actually a complete prat, does it mean the whole company is full of them?

Some companies deliberately aim not to be the cheapest. After all, everyone can't be the cheapest selling/ providing 'X' and that's fine. They do however need to justify their pricing with high levels of service.

I've only dealt with Bavarian once and I couldn't fault them. I originally dealt with a guy at Agnew Corporate who was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. He has since moved on to Audi Belfast (all the same company? Who'd have thunk it!) and while I'm not a particular lover of Audi, dealing with him again could persuade me to buy one. Mostly because I'm not just buying the car, I'm buying the service along with it too.

Not everyone will be a happy customer in sales but doesn't mean the retailer should stop trying.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I can honestly say JKC is the most welcoming dealership I've ever used. They always come out from the counter to greet you, offering tea/coffee and showing you to the seating area personally.

They also keep checking on you to see if they can get you anything else. As for the sales and service staff, I found them all to be very polite and friendly. The guy who actually sold me my car couldn't of done more for me to get the deal I wanted.

They also gave me a free loan car when I was waiting for my new BMW to arrive as I had sold my S3 about 3 weeks before pickup (a 1 series with less than 1k on the clock).

I have turned up in a suit and also a hoodie and jeans depending on work and have never been treated any different for how I was dressed. It's the touches like that which would bring me back to buy another car. It's also why I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a BMW.

Last edited:

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
My mum has just bought a new 2 series and the father in law bought a new E-Class. Both were delighted with the service they got. My mum didn't want flowers so asked for one of those ride on kids toys instead, no bother said the sales man - I got £50 as I told her to go and look at the BMW's after being in Mercs for the last 3 cars. When she went to pick the car up she got the ride on car plus the flowers.

Father in law was equally happy after being messed around with a main dealer in England (he was exporting the car into to ROI) - can't speak highly enough and he's a tough man to get a complement from.

I guess it depends on who you manage to get when buying your car.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Was talked down to like **** on the phone to Bavarian, wouldn't step foot through their door.

JKC have always went above and beyond their duties for me and if I was ever in a position to buy an M2, they would be getting my custom.

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Has anyone had any bad experiences in volvo on Boucher? Or will none of You been in there haha..

silliwilli

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F82 M4
Boucher have been great to me, but I probably got lucky on salesman. He has just moved on unfortunately so I'm not looking forward to having to deal with some of the less 'interested' folk mentioned here.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Has anyone had any bad experiences in volvo on Boucher? Or will none of You been in there haha..

Bought her C30 from Boucher, no real issues though I also wouldn't say they stood out either.

Would usually pick Greers over SMW though.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
The man I bought my Cupra off is that good to deal with, he has sold 5 cars to my family.

Negative
I walked into SERE Seat in December 2014 to order my 1st FR. After standing waiting for someone to acknowledge my father in law and myself, I got the attention of someone. I told him exactly what I was after and could he help. He responded no computers are down, I said ok fair enough, do you know lead times on them..... Nope was his response. I mentioned they had a black one sitting outside and could I have a look at it, he said it was a customers car. I said ok can you call me when the computers are back up?? Aye will do!

I have to say I have had the total opposite experience to you with SERE Seat Lisburn. They have definitely been the best dealer I have ever dealt with from the moment I enquired about the car, arriving for test drive and then paperwork / collection. Completely painless and everything done on time as agreed. When I got my car the air compressor was missing from the puncture kit and they had one of their staff personally deliver it to me in Newtownards.

My turbo actuator failed 6 months ago so I had the car recovered by Seat Assist on a Friday evening and it was delivered to SERE on Saturday morning, The sales guy I bought the car from actually gave me a call when it arrived as he recognised it and wanted to check everything was ok and that I was sorted with another car etc.

I was over this morning for a major service, I spoke to Dave in Belfast who looks after their section on Seat Cupra.net and he made sure I got looked after on price. Car was serviced, new pollen filter left in the car for me as I done it myself recently and not washed as requested.

Can't fault them and a total different experience to Agnew Seat (where I will never go again to buy a car!).

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I have to say I have had the total opposite experience to you with SERE Seat Lisburn. They have definitely been the best dealer I have ever dealt with from the moment I enquired about the car, arriving for test drive and then paperwork / collection. Completely painless and everything done on time as agreed. When I got my car the air compressor was missing from the puncture kit and they had one of their staff personally deliver it to me in Newtownards.

My turbo actuator failed 6 months ago so I had the car recovered by Seat Assist on a Friday evening and it was delivered to SERE on Saturday morning, The sales guy I bought the car from actually gave me a call when it arrived as he recognised it and wanted to check everything was ok and that I was sorted with another car etc.

I was over this morning for a major service, I spoke to Dave in Belfast who looks after their section on Seat Cupra.net and he made sure I got looked after on price. Car was serviced, new pollen filter left in the car for me as I done it myself recently and not washed as requested.

Can't fault them and a total different experience to Agnew Seat (where I will never go again to buy a car!).

Opposite again, pretty good experience with Agnew Seat when my gf got her Ibiza last year thanks to @Modmedia (y)

On the same day we went up and down Boucher at my request that she didnt just buy the first car she saw - SERE sent us out round the forecourt and didnt even bother when we came back in and Ford salesman did/said very little which didnt work well for him lol

Ended up back with Agnews and did a deal and they sorted out a few niggles and the next service a year later FOC

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Most people who buy a new car are on some sort of ego massaging exercise who think you should be fed strawberries in the buff because you're giving 300 a month for 3 years

Concentrate on the deal, not the service

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Most people who buy a new car are on some sort of ego massaging exercise who think you should be fed strawberries in the buff because you're giving 300 a month for 3 years

Concentrate on the deal, not the service

I would rather give my £300 to someone who will kiss my ass when I walk through the door rather than someone who wants me to kiss theirs.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.