M4 prices.....

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Been looking up the carbon bits already, shocking prices but I think it will need some. :eek:

Enjoy Chris! Compared to Jap carbon, most M performance stuff is quite reasonable and it’s proper dry carbon too. Don’t pay any attention to rrp

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Enjoy Chris! Compared to Jap carbon, most M performance stuff is quite reasonable and it’s proper dry carbon too. Don’t pay any attention to rrp

Will probably leave it for a couple of months, first big purchase will be an exhaust to get rid of the big back box on the OEM exhaust.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Best of luck with your new car .i only hope you didn’t sacrifice the options you wanted as it will wreck your head the entire time you own said car.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Been looking up the carbon bits already, shocking prices but I think it will need some. :eek:
They will look after you. They were the cheapest for my carbon spoiler for the E92 and that included the usual suspects like cotswolds etc.

I said to the salesman and he put me in touch with the parts manager to get what I was looking for.

Hopefully your purchase is as easy and enjoyable as mine was with them.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Will probably leave it for a couple of months, first big purchase will be an exhaust to get rid of the big back box on the OEM exhaust.

You could always paint the back box black to hide it a bit short term but the standard sound needs beefed up anyway lol. Talk to Andy Millar in parts, good guy and more often than not can beat online or Cotswold prices.

Last edited:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Any particular reason? And yes it is being traded in.

I am not a fan of them at all, I have had a drive in them and I didn’t get out thinking wow that’s amazing, it was a bit meh. Again my personal opinion. Must keep an eye out for the TCR as the wife is changing her car.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I am not a fan of them at all, I have had a drive in them and I didn’t get out thinking wow that’s amazing, it was a bit meh. Again my personal opinion. Must keep an eye out for the TCR as the wife is changing her car.

You need to drive M cars a certain way for them to come alive, it always was the case, just going for a drive it’s just a car. We’re all different though, Chris didn’t like the M4, my brief encounter with an M2 almost put me off M cars lol Me and the M4 May well be an age thing!
A golf is not in the same league for driver involvement imo but others will prefer it! :grinning:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
You need to drive M cars a certain way for them to come alive, it always was the case, just going for a drive it’s just a car. We’re all different though, Chris didn’t like the M4, my brief encounter with an M2 almost put me off M cars lol Me and the M4 May well be an age thing!
A golf is not in the same league for driver involvement imo but others will prefer it! :grinning:

don’t think it helps I’m a merc fan 😂

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

Typical that you are not ready for it now, because I know what they dealerships are selling them for and it will be 3 or 4k more than you could have bought it off me for.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Typical that you are not ready for it now, because I know what they dealerships are selling them for and it will be 3 or 4k more than you could have bought it off me for.
Can you still not sell it to him? And go into bmw with a straight deal? Might get a better price?

lightning

RMS Trader
Drives
volvo 740
I used to be until the Agnews fiasco, I will never have another, ever, just no, rather stick hot staples into my ball sack

Would it be fair to say you felt marginally let down by Agnews and Mercedes? But from the tone of your post are willing to give them a second chance...... Or maybe you had better customer service buying your lawnmower :joy:

M2 comp's are superb, enjoy it @Chris100 . I quite fancy a manual but it would be kiss of death come re-sale. They were actually more expensive new on a pcp because of the lower residual, making them exceptionally scarce.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Would it be fair to say you felt marginally let down by Agnews and Mercedes? But from the tone of your post are willing to give them a second chance...... Or maybe you had better customer service buying your lawnmower :joy:

M2 comp's are superb, enjoy it @Chris100 . I quite fancy a manual but it would be kiss of death come re-sale. They were actually more expensive new on a pcp because of the lower residual, making them exceptionally scarce.

:joy: No second chances, the guy selling the mower did ok, hasn’t blown up yet! :laughing:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Were they keen to take your tcr as trade in chris

Bavarian (when I was dealing with them) and the country garage didn't have an issue trading my car, although they did say that they would not be selling it themselves

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Were they on the money as far as trade in value

used examples with the similar spec and mileage to mine are selling from franchised VW dealerships from 29-31k, and there are not many available in the UK.

They were a couple of grand below the lower end of the above pricing.

For reasons I won’t go into I am no longer buying the M2, for now I will be hanging on to the TCR.