M4 prices.....

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I take it your meaning the pcp is what your referring to and not the hp payments.What price is a new m4 comp basic against a m2 comp anyway .
Is it only what m4,s are already made that’s available or can you still spec one .?

New one’s unveiled in about 8 weeks so the F series cars are officially dead 8-| Mine will be worth about £12.50 this time next year:joy:

'96dc2

RMS Regular
New one’s unveiled in about 8 weeks so the F series cars are officially dead 8-| Mine will be worth about £12.50 this time next year:joy:
You have to pay to play.. but the hit on a brand new one is scary. You probably lose about 20k just driving it home. 😳

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I'll give you £12.99...to be decent.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
You have to pay to play.. but the hit on a brand new one is scary. You probably lose about 20k just driving it home. 😳

True, mine was just over a year old and was £26k less than it’s new price 8o| If you read the 1st post on the thread, my eyes were wide open, it’s the best car I’ve ever had and don’t plan on selling it for a while yet, 2 years on still does it for me:innocent:

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I doubt that very much as the new one is brutal looking at the front .

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Might also be worth giving TRL deals a shout?

I've tried a few other places, but so far Bavarian have the best deal. I also wouldn't have the time to go to England to get a car at the moment.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
I doubt that very much as the new one is brutal looking at the front .

It’ll still sell a **** load, performance figures are well above the F series cars, 4wd too so as long as it’s not too ugly it’ll grab sales from Merc and Audi imo

J55NI

RMS Regular
Never had an issue with them, I find them very comfortable, the AMG performance seats were better though, I do miss the deeper bolsters, M seats are more luxury than sport imo
View attachment 286165
Good to know as they dont look comfortable at all with the gaps. I keep thinking you would feel the gaps when sitting in them but maybe you don't.

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
BMW have dropped the finance rate to 2.9% on used M’s up to 18 months old. I haven’t really looked myself but there are a good few people frothing over it on cutters.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Bavarian on Saturday afternoon certainly didn’t give the impression that there was any sort of problem with sales, and with the current parameters related to viewing and test driving cars its not the usual Saturday afternoon tyre kickers.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
So, bit of an epic today at Bavarian today and the last time I will ever set foot in the place.

I arrived as arranged just before 1:30pm, sales bloke comes over and tells me the person who was booked in before me had bought the M2 comp. At no point during my conversation the previous day had they told me that someone was coming in that morning to view it, and they did know this as all viewings are strictly by prior appointment.

The sales manager couldn't have cared less in my opinion, I had moved a lot of meetings about to get the afternoon so I was pretty unimpressed that they had wasted my day.

So fast forward 20 minutes and he said "you were also interested in an M4 comp, we have one of those left, I'll do you a great deal on it if you're interested".

So I took it out for a test drive, to be honest I didn't like it at all, felt very heavy and not at all agile. So I left with "we will give you a call if we get another in", don't bother thanks.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
So, bit of an epic today at Bavarian today and the last time I will ever set foot in the place.

I arrived as arranged just before 1:30pm, sales bloke comes over and tells me the person who was booked in before me had bought the M2 comp. At no point during my conversation the previous day had they told me that someone was coming in that morning to view it, and they did know this as all viewings are strictly by prior appointment.

The sales manager couldn't have cared less in my opinion, I had moved a lot of meetings about to get the afternoon so I was pretty unimpressed that they had wasted my day.

So fast forward 20 minutes and he said "you were also interested in an M4 comp, we have one of those left, I'll do you a great deal on it if you're interested".

So I took it out for a test drive, to be honest I didn't like it at all, felt very heavy and not at all agile. So I left with "we will give you a call if we get another in", don't bother thanks.

crap and very frustrating when it happens, but maybe that person just rang that morning for an appointment.

also when you where there previously, test drive etc did they at any point say ‘is there anything I can do today to sell you the car?’ And also cover off ‘we often taken deposits over phone, unseen Etc so don’t miss out’ it used to be Bavarians practice to do that to cover off customers missing out etc.
As mentioned it is so so frustrating, but genuine question, if sales guy had rang you, say 11am and told you someone was coming to see that car and asked for a deposit over the phone, would you have done it, or thought it was a cheeky sales tactic ?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
crap and very frustrating when it happens, but maybe that person just rang that morning for an appointment.

also when you where there previously, test drive etc did they at any point say ‘is there anything I can do today to sell you the car?’ And also cover off ‘we often taken deposits over phone, unseen Etc so don’t miss out’ it used to be Bavarians practice to do that to cover off customers missing out etc.
As mentioned it is so so frustrating, but genuine question, if sales guy had rang you, say 11am and told you someone was coming to see that car and asked for a deposit over the phone, would you have done it, or thought it was a cheeky sales tactic ?

They knew he was coming from the previous day, the sales bloke told me before I spoke to the sales manager.

The sales manager also told me the previous day that they had more than one M2 comp, but this was the last one. If he had told me on the phone it was the last one, and there was a chance it could sell before I seen it and would have given them a holding deposit, even if I hadn’t of bought the car doing that would have cost them nothing as they are apparently flying out the door with this 2.9% apr deal.

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Think you have done the right thing in not taking further interest in the m4you certainly would have missed the lesser weight in your already top class tcr

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@MarkM @Nigelo or anyone else with an F series BMW.

Is there a solution for adding the station logos on DAB radio, really annoys me when they are not there. Also is adding Apple Carplay a case of a software update the dealer can do, or can you add Spotify as an incar app?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM

Surprised at that but you really have to grab the F series cars by the scruff to get the best out of them! After Evos and an A45 the F82 is pointy and makes great progress, comfort for suspension and steering is poor and meant for cruising imo, sport plus, hard suspension and mid steering with tc off as it reigns it in way too much. Having to push them hard is the M car way

no idea on the dab, I never have the stereo on, rather listen to the exhaust :grinning:

CarPlay is an option that can be added at any time, don’t like it so don’t have it!

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Country Garage had a Hockenheim Silver M2 Competition in a few weeks ago.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Country Garage had a Hockenheim Silver M2 Competition in a few weeks ago.

I actually went and drove that today after the Bavarian disaster, going to let him know tomorrow as it's missing a few options I would like, just thinking it over as to whether I can do without them.

Tried looking on google regarding the station logo's but just kept on finding people saying they had the problem but no solution.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I actually went and drove that today after the Bavarian disaster, going to let him know tomorrow as it's missing a few options I would like, just thinking it over as to whether I can do without them.

Tried looking on google regarding the station logo's but just kept on finding people saying they had the problem but no solution.
I found the bimmercode forums quite good when I had the F31.