New New Top Gear Season 2 Ep 1 BBC2 Tonight

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
You know what to expect with the Grand Tour team. These guys bring something fresh... and I'd say they will get it right at least as much as the grand tour, and a fresh perspective to boot. Exciting times.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
TG are on their second series now and there was massive pressure and nervousness around the first series, which ultimately was ruled by Evans. Now second time around the team are much more relaxed and confident and I think that will be apparent pretty quickly.

Honestly I am expecting big things !

As for TGT excluding the 13 and last episode of their first season, I was largely disappointed for lots of various reasons so hopefully both programs have found their mojo now and we are in for some great TV this year.

Really looking forward to TG now

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think Matt and Chris will be able to take it forward and make it their own. First season was trying a bit too hard, as above they will hopefully start to find their feet and relax a bit.

It took original top gear a few seasons to become something great.

Bring it on :grinning:

When is the first episode on air?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
He's a very likeable balding, ginger, cheeky northern chap with multi-millions in the bank. Completely useless on Top Gear though

Yep, I like Evans. Great on the breakfast show, TGF, etc. And has a very nice garage indeed.

Just trying a bit too hard on TG, didn't work. Could have stayed on and calmed down a bit and it would have been fine, but I guess the Interweb was too much to deal with.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I'm going to give it a chance, Evans has left and others are decent, Matt can be funny at times, Rory is great at engaging the audience in what he's saying, as we saw in his Tesla piece last series, Harris is good on facts and figures although he sends me to sleep.

The Grand Tour has enjoyed a huge success, the original trio back at their best, so the feeling of our Top Gear, as we knew it, being robbed from us is no longer bothering.

Having 2 car shows to watch can only be a good thing, I hope it will make Sunday nights a little better.

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
I honestly thought the grand tour was a flop, it just didn't work at all. The new top gear last year was better even with Evans in it.

browne174

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
I take it no one remembers series one of the "new" top gear when it was Clarkson, Hammond and Jason Dawe who was more at home in a dodgy used car dealership.

If they concentrate on making the new team work instead of trying to make a new Clarkson, Hammond and May then they should be alright

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Whilst I wouldnt say its up there with the best of the best it is night and day compared to the awfulness of the last series. Good job Evans is away...

I think I will stick with it this time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.