MINI John Cooper Works GP

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
While following you through Newcastle yesterday, my 10 year old said thats the coolest Mini he ever seen. I agree! Looks and sounds mean!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Had it out properly yesterday for the first proper run this year, not because I haven't been using it all winter, more so because I tend to jump in the Merc as its comfier and a bit more refined.

Cars and coffee in the morning, followed by Delamont country park and a drive down the Co Down coast to Dundrum for ice cream. No way was I for going anywhere near Newcastle on a day like that! Cheers @Sonny @stuartyvilla for the below photo, and any others that I've copied from, hope you don't mind (y)

Next plans for the Mini was to be a European road trip with the wife, but still waiting to sort out my work shifts for the year so haven't booked anything yet.

IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2269.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Loved this yesterday! Spoke to you briefly I think over at the Le Man edition R8, the wheel and tyre combo is lovely and meaty(y)

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Loved this yesterday! Spoke to you briefly I think over at the Le Man edition R8, the wheel and tyre combo is lovely and meaty(y)

You did indeed! You should've said who you were lol, this is why all RMS members should wear badges or give secret members head nods or hand shakes lol, never know who you're talking to!

Good to talk to you anyways mate(y)

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
You did indeed! You should've said who you were lol, this is why all RMS members should wear badges or give secret members head nods or hand shakes lol, never know who you're talking to!

Good to talk to you anyways mate(y)

I know I should have piped up but I'm always conscious of saying my username lol! But I agree name badges would be great! Same nice meeting you mate.(y)

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Love this thing, especially the motorsport themed wheels and tyres, looks like it would be a right riot down a twisty backroad!
IMG_20170402_202626_365.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Gav did you end up running road legal track tyres on the complimotives?

OZ wheels mate, but yes I kept the tyres on it that the guy before me ran.
They're Nankang NS2R's and I wasn't keen on them at first as I thought only Yokohama AD08R or Tokyo R888 would do me, but once I looked into them they actually get good reviews and are used in the M3 and Civic championships(I think).

Dry grip is brilliant, wet isn't too bad.......until you hit standing water lol

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Love this thing, especially the motorsport themed wheels and tyres, looks like it would be a right riot down a twisty backroad!
View attachment 142041

Cheers for the comments mate, and also the photo. I saw it on instagram(only joined yesterday and not one clue what I'm doing yet lol) and saved it down (y)

It's far from the quickest thing on the road, but for the fun factor it's the best car I've ever owned in over 125 cars! I think the only thing that I'd enjoy more would be a Caterham or the like, but then I'd lose my heated seats, electric mirrors, cruise control, roof etc

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
OZ wheels mate, but yes I kept the tyres on it that the guy before me ran.
They're Nankang NS2R's and I wasn't keen on them at first as I thought only Yokohama AD08R or Tokyo R888 would do me, but once I looked into them they actually get good reviews and are used in the M3 and Civic championships(I think).

Dry grip is brilliant, wet isn't too bad.......until you hit standing water lol
Sorry was not sure if they were oz or comps, the good old Nankang's, good to know,

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Brilliant looking wee motor. Not too many of these about I would say!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything

Over here? Spare parts are hard to come by right enough, I'm sure he wouldn't notice if I swapped a few bits :p

Brilliant looking wee motor. Not too many of these about I would say!

Cheers, I keep hearing of more and more over here, though have yet to pass another on the road. I know of 6 in NI now, not sure about down South. Of the 2000 original GPs, 459 were sold in the U.K, and rumours on the owners club are that around 350 are known to still be around.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Over here? Spare parts are hard to come by right enough, I'm sure he wouldn't notice if I swapped a few bits :p

Cheers, I keep hearing of more and more over here, though have yet to pass another on the road. I know of 6 in NI now, not sure about down South. Of the 2000 original GPs, 459 were sold in the U.K, and rumours on the owners club are that around 350 are known to still be around.
I think he would notice alright lol.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Have the car down in Wicklow for the weekend so took a few photos whilst out enjoying the cracking roads. The Mini was made for roads like these, only thing that spoiled it was the cyclists and the police closing off one road as body parts were found :eek:

20170611_125342.jpg
20170611_131303.jpg
20170611_125328.jpg
20170611_123625.jpg
20170611_125243.jpg

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
I'm sure you had an absolute blast on those roads!

Oh yes, Mini is well suited to roads like that! Wouldn't be taking a lowered car or one with hard coilovers over them roads mind as they're rough enough in places!
Caught the splitter on more than one occasion, but sure it's a consumable part anyways

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
On minis with the gp/aero kits those sleeping policemen square humps are your worst enemy. The roads are a pussy cat in comparison