MK2 Focus RS - PB / UG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Surely even if you get one with no rust on the arches, it’s bound to happen in your ownership anyway? So maybe factor in a repair cost to the car. On saying that I’d hate to buy a car at that price with rust issues
This is what is seriously on my mind ATM. As much as I want one I know I'm not gonna be 100% happy with whatever one I buy, and to spend over £20k on something like that is not making sense.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Have you ever even drove one, what's the fascination?

It's seems mental to me to put £20k in your garage. Obviously if that's what you want then go for it.
I have yes, for me I never buy a car for how they drive, sounds ludacris I know but I buy because I like the look of them and I simply just want one:grinning:

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I have yes, for me I never buy a car for how they drive, sounds ludacris I know but I buy because I like the look of them and I simply just want one:grinning:

Well yeah that's just fair enough then isn't it. Personally i like them, but woudnt buy one soley as an investment.

I think an E92 M3 looks better if that's what it's all about lol..

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
The thing that put me off them is I didn’t think I would be happy with the condition of any mk2’s, especially for the money they are commanding. The majority seem to have some problems with paint or else been repainted. Wouldn’t really bother me on a car at even 15k but when it’s well of twenty it really put me off. And then there is the cars that have been highly tuned and put back to standard.
Exactly, I can go higher on budget if really needs be but even then I doubt if be 10% happy, plus I just don't think their worth £23k+

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Well yeah that's just fair enough then isn't it. Personally i like them, but woudnt buy one soley as an investment.

I think an E92 M3 looks better if that's what it's all about lol..
Nope not an investment, as I say I just want one.
Don't get me wrong I would hate for it to drop like a stone on price if I did buy but I ain't a money hungry person just buying to make a few ££

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Nope not an investment, as I say I just want one.
Don't get me wrong I would hate for it to drop like a stone on price if I did buy but I ain't a money hungry person just buying to make a few ££

Well it's not pocket change so **** it, wait til your happy. There's plenty out there!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Exactly, I can go higher on budget if really needs be but even then I doubt if be 10% happy, plus I just don't think their worth £23k+

Yeah the good ones are just too close in value to a lot of other things and I just stood back and thought it’s just a focus. If they were half the price I would definitely have one though lol

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Another day another viewing.
Phoned about a localish car at a dealer, was promised car was Mint with zero rust.
Wife and I jumped into car and off we went.
Arrived and from the car it looked really nice, quick walk around and bingo rear arch rust. Walked around car for a few minutes and dealer comes out of the office holding a bag of crisps and digging deep for the crumbs at the bottom, didn't even open his mouth, just stood here like an idiot.
So I said nothing just jumped in car shocked and appalled, wife and I weren't even angry we were both actually amused at what we had just seen.

I've said it time and time again how some people run a business and make a living is totally beyond me

gsmith

RMS Regular
You’ll find it nearly impossible to find a mk2 focus without rust I know you already know that. But both my mk2 focus st I had fully resprayed I made sure to allow for it in the price(to be fair an st is third the price). Full respray might sound ott but it made the both of them so easy to resell as people hardly even looked at them as soon as they seen the condition. I’ll have an Rs at some stage and I know it’ll either need or have been painted. I know a proper low mileage one but I doubt the owner will sell it. I’ve looked round it and iam super fussy. There’s no rust no stone chips underneath is like new has covered little miles owner from new top spec.

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Can’t believe the amount of these for sale on UCNI for what I’d consider a relatively rare car.

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
@redanni I was behind you earlier and seen you turning into the dealer, we were behing you in traffic In our Rocco R, actually said to my wife about the fella coming out eating crisps lol.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
@redanni I was behind you earlier and seen you turning into the dealer, we were behing you in traffic In our Rocco R, actually said to my wife about the fella coming out eating crisps lol.
Ah yes I saw the Rocco, looked class(y)
Bloody boils my blood some people, just my opinion ofcourse but we weren't there to see a £1500 fiesta, at least show some interest:joy:

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Would manufacturers corrosion guarantee not cover the rust ?

At least your in not rush to buy gives you time to find the right 1 . Albeit you have to look at 20 to find the 1 it's your hard earned cash

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Totally understand as it's a lot of money to be handing over for a car but as others have said, your in no hurry so just take your time and the right one will pop up for sale.
My friends next door neighbour has a green mk2 RS I could try and find out if he would sell?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
There's sure to be a bargain pop up at some stage if you're in no rush, which obviously you don't seem to be, so just don't get carried away and wait for a local one.

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Totally understand as it's a lot of money to be handing over for a car but as others have said, your in no hurry so just take your time and the right one will pop up for sale.
My friends next door neighbour has a green mk2 RS I could try and find out if he would sell?
That would be great yea, worth a chat if nothing else

redanni

RMS Regular
OP
redanni
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
There's sure to be a bargain pop up at some stage if you're in no rush, which obviously you don't seem to be, so just don't get carried away and wait for a local one.
I'm not after a bargain, I think £22-23k is a healthy budget to be fair, nor am I waiting for a local one I will travel to anywhere in UK

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I'm not after a bargain, I think £22-23k is a healthy budget to be fair, nor am I waiting for a local one I will travel to anywhere in UK

I don't think £22-23k is going to get you a minter. That's why you've been so disappointed with them all. As I say, perhaps a bargain minter will pop up eventually, otherwise you'll have to spend more money, and then its whether one is worth that sort of coin to you in the first place!

Jason

RMS Regular
I don't think £22-23k is going to get you a minter. That's why you've been so disappointed with them all. As I say, perhaps a bargain minter will pop up eventually, otherwise you'll have to spend more money, and then its whether one is worth that sort of coin to you in the first place!
As you said above expectations for that price range. A proper mint car(lux 2 sub 30k miles) is going to be north of 24k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.