MotoGP 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What happened to Yamaha in qualifying? Just bike not performing, or something else?

Not a bad recovery from Rossi (y)

Great result from Cal too.

But all eyes on the pair out front, absolutely brilliant :cool: Imagine those two on the same bike :grinning: I actually think Marquez will come out on top when all things are equal, but by Jove has Jorge found something all of a sudden, lol.

Well, it was brilliant once they started racing. Not as bad as last week but still an awful lot of tyre management...

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
What happened to Yamaha in qualifying? Just bike not performing, or something else?

It was a bogey track for Yamaha, that emphasized the acceleration problems they're currently having, due to the slow corners and fast straights apparently.
The thing works better when the fuel load goes down so 46 was able to rescue some points.

genman

G
i reckon Lorenzo wont get on with the Honda for a while. . .he's all about front end feel and it needs a harder tyre than he's used to. . it needs manhandled to turn and he's a bit like Dani style wise so as with Ducati he'll need to modify the bike to suit himself.
Nice to see Dani back in the top 6.... hasnt been the same rider since a few years ago when he got clipped by Marc and had a wheel sensor cut resulting in him crashing a corner later.

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
IMG-20180826-WA0004.jpg

Well prepared but they have delayed the start here with no let up in the rain
Not looking good :confounded:

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Fair play to you both.
I'm watching it now and it looks grim. Good excuse for the Brandy later. ;)
Edit: They are talking at the moment about postponing it until tomorrow, but the costs involved seem to be a factor.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
This is so disappointing for everyone involved.

If no racing happens today (which is looking to be the most likely outcome) I’d love to see them run it tomorrow on the bank holiday but I just don’t understand how they’d manage it logistically.

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
The track commentary are saying that they could wait the rain out until 3pm :eek:
On a positive note the M5 safety car sounds great :cool:

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
TBH dave, according to telly reports, I'd beat the traffic and head home in an hour or two, after you've done everything today. Its not looking good, as none of the riders (apart from Jack. lol) have much interest in going out .

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
Rain ain't letting up
Max Biaggi just phoned me there to tell me they can sit it out to 3pm but looking at the weather forecast rain isn't stopping until 5pm (n)

dave b

RMS Regular
OP
dave b
Drives
Panny Turbo
Just awaiting the official decision from the safety cars laps for a race at 4pm
IMG_20180826_151238.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.