Motorbike CBT thread - Ask all related questions here

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
I would like to think after CBT you'd be ready for the tests

They cover everything in the cbt that you would do on your test. Maybe just not to test standards. But it's just practice I suppose. Some company's cut corners doing you cbt. Some do it very proper where at the end you probably would be ready

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
No probs! When I done my CBT 2 weeks ago the supervisors were there watching my instructor making sure she was doing it correctly. So I received the whole package very thoroughly. If I made the slightest mistake then all 3 of them picked up on it, my instructor and the supervisors! Not that I made many :p but after the CBT I felt quite confident on a bike. Still do (not stupidly confident, confident in my ability to take the test) so I'm just doing a couple of lessons to tighten everything up. But I would deffentaily recommend Mike Bambrick and Alison who works for him if your going to do yours. I think they also work out of Newry, and Lisburn at Phillip Mccallens

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
I never did CBT so I couldnt be certain but for the price it costs and time youre meant to be on a bike I would like to think so.
Who are you being taught by?

No one as yet, that will be the next mission, finding someone in the North Down area who is good and wont rip the bag out of it. (y)

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
was it difficult? I have to book mines soon.

I did my car theory 4 years ago but I've heard there has been new things added etc. Where would I find the info I need?

wasn't too bad to be honest, it wasnt that different to the car test i did in 2000, but there are updates and some new things, you will get it all here http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/221043532780?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

I got the lend of an old theory book and while it gave me a good refresh there was stuff that wasn't in it, some I guessed and others i got wrong :grinning: some ARE common sense, some arent

Dave_R

RMS Member
Drives
W203
wasn't too bad to be honest, it wasnt that different to the car test i did in 2000, but there are updates and some new things, you will get it all here http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/221043532780?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

I got the lend of an old theory book and while it gave me a good refresh there was stuff that wasn't in it, some I guessed and others i got wrong :grinning: some ARE common sense, some arent

Thanks fella!

Congrats on passing btw, good scores hope I do as well!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
lol I am 10:30, booked it on Saturday myself! I'll maybe see you about then!

I'm guessing that was yourself in the green t-shirt then mate? Never got a chat, mine was a bit of a rushed job getting out.lol. Hoping all went well for you!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'm booked in for my CBT this friday :grinning:

Actually did it 10 years ago in Scotland and let it expire as went off bikes, so gonna stick at everything this time and get passed the test!

Reactions: Hel

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
You in craigavon? That's mine out of the road today:grinning: clean sheet though out the whole thing and when he asked me to pull up at the end I jammed on the front breaks too sharp. So he gave me a minor.lol

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Happy days well done mate. No, doing it from Lisburn though also using Mike and Alison. Couple of my mates have been with them and recommended them so when we were in mccallenns bike dreaming the other day I just went over and booked it :grinning:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Ohhh. CBT, I read off road manoeuvres test.lol. Yeah I done my lessons and all from mccallens, last few times I never even went into the shop! Just going to get the license then go hunting.lol

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
I'm guessing that was yourself in the green t-shirt then mate? Never got a chat, mine was a bit of a rushed job getting out.lol. Hoping all went well for you!

Well done.

Yep passed with flying colours myself, just as well I had that lesson beforehand with Paul as I hadn't done the manouvres since the CBT and hadn't been on a bike in about 10 days so I was certainly rusty! I'm gonna get my on-road booked tomorrow and hopefully get it done and out of the way too, I think I am competent enough - just depends on crossing the T's and dotting the I's if you know what I mean!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Yeah mate. I havnt done any on road riding since my cbt so I'll maybe book mine tomorrow and get a few lessons in quickly!

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
I'm currently taking lessons with Gene from Debutdrive as recommended by a few on here and i have to say i'm well pleased with how he does things. Booked in for Thursday past and was on the bike from 1pm through to 6pm. Then back down again on Friday morning and on the bike from 11am - 3pm. Definitely a really decent top notch bloke and a great teacher.

Having never been on a bike before i didnt know what to expect, but i think i must have taken to it naturally enough as he told me after the first day to apply for the theory so that i could then apply for the others.

Definitely feel i got value for money with the CBT considering how much riding time i got over 2 days. Cant wait for the next lesson

Big Andy

RMS Regular
Drives
Peugeot
My cbt is booked with Gene. Had lessons before with him. Great guy theory test is goin to be a nightmare. Got a app on the phone to go through it:grinning:.

Really excited about getting a supermoto.

Hel

RMS Regular
Funny doing hazard awareness if youve been driving for a while, so obvious and easy. Never felt that easy the first time round