My 911 Carrera 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
mad thing is the radiators are at the front corners so it takes a LOT of coolant!

Aye I remember someone on here had a similar model to yours and one of his radiators had a coolant leak and IIRC it wasn't easy to fix due to the position they are situated at the front end...cant bloody remember who that was....

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
lol todays job was figuring out why my drivers side wing mirror wasnt heating. After wasting £70 on a replacement glass (a wrong assumption there lol) I had to get the multimeter out. found 12v at the door plug but nothing at the mirror plug so stripping session and found the wire rubbed through. I noticed the car had a replacement window regulator on the drivers side from the history so reckon when it was goosed prior to that it was rubbing off the loom or something.

Anywhoo, soldering iron out and a patch wire was soldered into place. mirror now working again :grinning:

but managed to trip the airbag light doh.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Dealing with anything behind door cards is always stacks of craic!

Also fixed the window it didnt go all the way down. turns out the regulator when replaced had the lower stop set incorrectly so sorted that and now window goes all way down and I can hang my arm out nicely

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Also fixed the window it didnt go all the way down. turns out the regulator when replaced had the lower stop set incorrectly so sorted that and now window goes all way down and I can hang my arm out nicely
like-a-boss.jpg

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Dont think so mate not guilty

Was walking the dog and one purred past me, road up to airport from the forum area. Lovely. Never caught the reg in detail but it was a 3 digit and just wondered if was yourself.

richie_mck

RMS Regular

:eek: How do you set a lower stop, mine doesn't go all the way down after putting in a new regulator

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
There was actually 2 stops so I removed the top one and it allowed the window to go all the way down.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
So tonight saw the car getting a mini inspection including a bore scope check. Basically the bores can get scored in one bank of cylinders and its can of petrol and a match time. Like this.

failedboredm96block2.jpg

Happy to report car was clean as a whistle which is a HUGE weight off my mind.

Also got the airbag light out hate having lights on!!!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Excellent

Who done the check ? Curious.is this a problem on other Porsches ?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was wondering the same. If that is a common problem, how can you know before buying? Or just Russian roulette?

Glad yours was clean (y)

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
relay swapped in and working well, have it charging for 30 mins after the bluetooth connection is lost (ie ignition off).

short term plans:

- eibach springs going in on sat
- headlights being properly restored on monday
- wheels being painted next week sometime when I can decide on a colour. tempted by black but not sure if they will work with that shape wheel.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Don't think black would work at all on the wheels maybe a nice grey? Personally I think they look great silver.

Have you had eibach springs before, they came in my leon and tbh I wouldn't rush to get another set. Can feel everything on the road and when pushing on along a road with any sort of bumpy surface I'm always waiting on bouncing into a field.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
yeah they are brilliant on BMWs but had them once on a vag and hated them.

choice for the porsche is H&R or Eibach really and the Eibach are supposed to be smoother and a slightly smaller drop (dont want it too far down).

I have MO30 suspension kit on mine which is 10mm down already but find them a little harsh so hoping for both a little more comfort and a slight (15/20mm) drop.

wheels Im hugely torn. Im watching a set of black turbo twists on ebay that end today so might just buy those.

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Anthracite works great as a compromise and if you get one with a flake in it, then itll pop lovely

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.