My 911 Carrera 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Might be a silly question but what's the silver oval egg shape thing on the headlight all about? Now I've noticed it I can't stop not noticing it lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I assume second hand Porsche bunpers aren't cheap? A 4S 1 would be excellent given it has the later lights.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Glad you finally got your dream car. Hope I can do something like this in a few years! Even a Boxster would do me lol.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
I assume second hand Porsche bunpers aren't cheap? A 4S 1 would be excellent given it has the later lights.

4s body is wider so I'd imagine it wouldn't be a simple replacement of rear bumpers.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo

4S not have the same lights? pre facelift cars had different lights (flat along the bottom)

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
That's why.

I didn't realise it was wider though.

Of course I know you'd do it because it looks way better, but my question was why would you change the front bumper & not the rear? Do you not think that would look a bit strange?lol

baron

RMS Regular
When I went to buy mine I had a choice of two, a mk1 with a full gt3 kit or a mk2 that had the turbo style front bumper, it did look so much more aggressive from the front and even had the lower lip, but when you look past its very nose heavy as the rest was standard with no spoiler etc. Tho I do prefer the lights on a mk2 I went for the mk1 because I could never justify spending the £5k+ that some spent on the kit for mine in 2011

Thats a good job with the lights, they all seem to go like that, need to do mine, but it's in with rollo next month for some tlc so I'm sure he will sort it ;)

If your anything like me, you'll be finding any excuse to go out somewhere just to go for a little sneeky drive lol

Last edited:

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Looks a nice example @pablo - congrats!

3.6 is the engine to go for too.

Beware the beards as said.

You'll be ostracised from any 911 forum for the likes of using any other water in the window washer bottle than this:
porsche.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Big ed china is at his work again :p

You know some day you will buy a car and not do anything other than drive it. You will struggle but it can be done ! :party:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.