My car is not well.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
yeah thats the groove im putting it into just couldnt get it to sit in right?

dunno must just take a bit of fiddlin about

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
hang on, are you supposed to have the clip on before you push teh pipe in

**** sake lol

ill go do that now

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
went out and done it that way it took like ten seconds once i realised you had to put the clip on BEFORE you pushed the pipe in

FFS seems so obvious now lmao

thanks for the help Baz might have another question in a day or two about EGR when i get home to look at it

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
its back to how it was before the problems with the pipe, which wasnt perfect..

at lower revs when you accelerate it hesitates/chugs a bit

its done it since i bought it, not sure wat it is. i just assumed MAF cos i hear they always go on these cars, but i havent bought a new one yet.

Bazmcc

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Bora
The chugging is a sticking egr valve. Take it off and clean it and put it back on and it'll be fine.

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
was thinking about egr, i have got blank off plates for it, well one plate, got it on ebay it arrived today. do i need two plates to do it? i guess if you block one side its the same as blocking both like lol.

it happens between i guess 14/1500 and 2000 rpm, seems to go away when teh turbo gets going

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
well ive got the plates now anway so ill probly go ahead and block her off instead of cleaning it and then i wont have any bother again lol itll be next weekend before i do it tho

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.