My Evo 9 GT

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
I will always love Evos, especially the 9. Doubt I'll ever own one though, which is sad.
Can still be had for reasonable money from japan. I think 7’s are really nice especially in French blue. Drive just as well too

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I'm sure I could find one, its just the money side, will never sell the RB-Z, the civic could potentially go, but would only get me a max of £8-10k. And as much as I love Evos I want an FD3S first. I do like then idea though, of a car which I buy and only keep for two years to experience and then sell on for the same or better price to experience another, luckily will jap stuff this can be done. For me an FD3S would be a car to modify and keep.

Only driven a 7, never a 9, I imagine they drive similar? The 7 had a lovely sharp front end, very direct, at 550hp a load of turbo lag but when it came on song it takes off like nothing else.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
An eight/nine/ten would be a fair bit bigger.

If you like the seven then get one of them. I don't know why, they're as good as any other, but they seem "least" desirable. The five and six would be the ones with the highest premium right now. The others a bit more "affordable", whatever that word means at the moment, lol.

At 550 it would be modified, they're nowhere near that standard. So how it drives depends entirely on how it was built and mapped. I've driven a 700+ five which had very little lag and revved to 9k.

But you don't need silly power in them. They're lovely just as they are, maybe a basic remap but that's it. You'll just never need to lift, ever 😅 😁

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
It was heavily modified and this was at least 11/12 years ago, turbo technology will have improved since then.
Sometimes old turbos are fun too. Adds character… nothing then everything lol