My Evo 9 GT

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
M6 mess? That sort of thing is basically normal there!

The M6 Toll is a god-send and worth every penny, but even that only avoids some of the car parks.

M60 round Manchester is the same, M5 has been buggered for a while, M42 is always a mess, M3 is still a nightmare, M25 between M4 and M3 (Heathrow...) is just a six-lane car park any time, any day.

Basically England is ****ed :joy:

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
M6 mess? That sort of thing is basically normal there!

The M6 Toll is a god-send and worth every penny, but even that only avoids some of the car parks.

M60 round Manchester is the same, M5 has been buggered for a while, M42 is always a mess, M3 is still a nightmare, M25 between M4 and M3 (Heathrow...) is just a six-lane car park any time, any day.

Basically England is ****ed :joy:

Agreed... This was my first time on the roads in England. I’m in no rush to go back any time soon.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Would love to own an Evo someday, that's such a nice example. How was it fuel wise on the run home, I hear they can be absolutely horrendous?. Torque GT are an absolute pleasure to deal with too, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another car off them either, it's worth the trip!.

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Would love to own an Evo someday, that's such a nice example. How was it fuel wise on the run home, I hear they can be absolutely horrendous?. Torque GT are an absolute pleasure to deal with too, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another car off them either, it's worth the trip!.

thank you... and it actually wasn't bad on fuel. I put a full tank of V power in at the wee petrol station down the road from torque GT.
that done me the full journey and had just under a quarter tank left by the time i got home. not bad at all!

RevT

RMS Regular
thank you... and it actually wasn't bad on fuel. I put a full tank of V power in at the wee petrol station down the road from torque GT.
that done me the full journey and had just under a quarter tank left by the time i got home. not bad at all!

What?

Your Evo is broke!

I was getting 150 mile to a tank.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
What?

Your Evo is broke!

I was getting 150 mile to a tank.

Lol, I picked the Subaru up in Redcar drove across to Scotland got the ferry back and still have a fuel left. I literally couldn't believe it as I wasn't hanging about really.

Then it all went down hill after that, it drank fuel like it was going out of fashion on our roads.

Last edited:

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Lol, I picked the Subaru up in Redcar drove across to Scotland got the ferry back and still have a fuel left. I literally couldn't believe it as I wasn't hanging about really.

Then it all went down hill after that, it frank fuel like it was going out of fashion on our roads.

I think it helps that it is bog standard even down to the exhaust? Plus it was all motorway. Kept it around 60mph the whole way.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Love EVO 9 GT’s and this one looks a real corker! Torque GT seem to be great guys as well.

I don’t like yellow but then if we all liked the same things they world would be a boring place! No denying it does stand out!

Health to enjoy!

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Love EVO 9 GT’s and this one looks a real corker! Torque GT seem to be great guys as well.

I don’t like yellow but then if we all liked the same things they world would be a boring place! No denying it does stand out!

Health to enjoy!
Very true... thanks!

Gemma

RMS Regular
@Mac1987 just for you

IMG_20171029_164005_710.jpg
IMG_20171029_163922_855.jpg

Mac1987

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love it. would love another one myself But the price of them are abit scary Now Lol ! I never get tired of looking at The E36 m3 styling/Shape, The Lines to them are quite simple But i just think there such a good looking aggressive standout Shape A real classic shape that was way ahead of its time thats why they still looks fantastic today & Still turns lots of heads. Who ever Designed that shape Definitely Deserves Free beers in what ever Pub they walk into for the rest of there life Lol ! Best Looking M3 Ever IMO (y)

Samy888

RMS Regular
OP
Samy888
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
A few photos I have been waiting for Torque GT to finally release... Might get a few framed or a book made up.

18F3B6AE-9EE2-46F2-8356-408A3213D704.jpeg

259A4371-FB9B-4165-9F8E-C1C1EA240A5C.jpeg

0C55B55A-FE62-400A-A3B5-893C5C80573B.jpeg

BD816482-189C-4BCD-A626-3EE326644DA5.jpeg

3D507CDB-FF9D-411A-9DEE-E389B5F59252.jpeg

Factory centre caps or not? Seen a few evo 9’s but didn’t have these.

C66843B7-8A24-4B9A-B34E-F6CD244B82A3.jpeg

A859F9C0-2A90-49A0-949C-531F71DEC17E.jpeg

On another note I’m considering changing the exhaust...

Now I know a lot of people will say to leave it completely standard, however I don’t think I could. Every car I have owned I have made it my own by way of subtle mods.

I don’t plan on changing the car exterior wise. I think it looks perfect the way it is. I just think a slightly larger exhaust would set off the rear of the car and give a more aggressive look.

The Tomei TI titanium exhaust... I have been told it is quite loud... however having owned a J’s racing 70RR exhaust on my DC5 I don’t think there will be anything quite as loud EVER. so I reckon I would consider it a ‘mild rumble’ in comparison.

FBD04F59-6B98-4312-9403-0220FB3BB485.jpeg

5059D303-4F6A-4159-84DF-D8D5237F8F76.jpeg

Has any evo buff’s out there any experience with this exhaust? video’s on YouTube can only give you so much but without actually hearing it with your own ears or even a description from an owner it’s just not the same.

Any other exhaust suggestions welcome.