My latest run around

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
You should start your own you-toob channel. You might get the clio finished after 15 x 25 minute episodes.....
There are a few Clio you-toob channels already, I've missed out on the open market there! Lol. Seriously though it seems like everyone is doing you-toob channels these days!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
As @Stu Beck says it's great to see a normal car getting attention rather than the di*k measuring competition RMS has become lately.
It's a car forum, where showing your car and explaining the modifications is encouraged. I can't speak for everyone, but see showing off one's labours or how much one has spent on the latest whip as quite acceptable. If you don't like seeing what other blokes pull out and wave in front of you then RMS might not be the place to be looking. Have you tried "keep'erOEM.com"?

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Am entitled to my opinion and rather read about a true car enthusiast doing every day mods to a car they own rather than a leased garage queen.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
It's a car forum, where showing your car and explaining the modifications is encouraged. I can't speak for everyone, but see showing off one's labours or how much one has spent on the latest whip as quite acceptable. If you don't like seeing what other blokes pull out and wave in front of you then RMS might not be the place to be looking. Have you tried "keep'erOEM.com"?

(y)(y)(y)

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Thanks for the comments folks, very encouraging and I appreciate the feedback.

@Stu Beck and @j44nty here is the link for the USB/Voltmeter socket: Waterproof Panel Mount USB Power Socket Voltmeter Car Charger DC 12V-24V MA925

@Boydie i can't get my images full size due to some sort of error either with Photobucket or RMS or the iPhone. When I copy the link and paste it, the pasted version comes with a load of additional characters which then doesn't show the image. Perhaps I need to find a new free picture hosting site.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today the postie finally delivered the Connects2 I ordered for the Clio! Soon I'll have the use of my steering wheel radio controls! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 205

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
And it's in! Visually there's nothing really to see other than the word "Renault" now appears in the information display next to the clock and external temperature where it had been previously blank.

More importantly I can now adjust the volume, track, station from the steering wheel controls!

Attachments

• IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0332.JPG
    IMG_0332.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Another subtle change to the car. I found a set of flame red door handles from a 182, had to have them lol, now the obligatory before and after pics

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 187

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I replaced the front door speakers with some Vibe Slick 5c's, note the "slight" difference in magnet size lol

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 161

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Thanks bud, I'm honestly very surprised by it. My hatred and my misguided thoughts on French car reliability were so wrong!

Other than giving the lights a bit of a rub down I haven't had to do anything to this car in terms of repairs (touches wood).

All the other little stuff I'm doing is minor subtle modifications, plus the wee car is a joy to drive! Ok it's not fast by any means, but it's nimble enough for the school runs.

I had thought about selling it, I was struggling with my gut and my back to get the twins in and out of the back of it, but we've recently removed the fiddly seat harnesses from their seats and are using the ordinary seat belts and it's much easier.

As the car has been reliable and has needed nothing since I bought it I think I'd be mad to sell it, even if I am secretly wanting an estate car lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I finally got around to doing a small bit of work to the Clio, I went Euro and tinted the fog lights yellow. Not the best pic but you get the point

Attachments

• IMG_0719.JPG
    IMG_0719.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 79

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Today I finally got around to doing a small bit of work to the Clio, I went Euro and tinted the fog lights yellow. Not the best pic but you get the point

Looking good but pleeeeeeease change those indicator bulbs to silver ones.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Well after number plates, I've ordered new plates, gonna start a row over them no doubt as they are metro digit! :laughing::joy:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.