My latest run around

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Here's a better pic

Attachments

• IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 320

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Been offline for a day or 2 but so glad to see you did this! My favourite mods on mine were the silver indicators and the Mk1 Megane splitter.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Been offline for a day or 2 but so glad to see you did this! My favourite mods on mine were the silver indicators and the Mk1 Megane splitter.
Oh? Mk1 Megan's splitter? I must look into that!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So after using both the T-Cut and the Meguiars Headlight restoration kits and not being happy with the outcome, I splashed out on the 3M kit and I wish I had done that at the beginning, because the other two are utter ****!

The 3M one is frightening to use due to the coarse sand paper you start with, but the end results are worth the worry.

Attachments

• 45974AF5-B10A-4874-927C-1BC75989DDD2.jpg
    45974AF5-B10A-4874-927C-1BC75989DDD2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 321

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
In the pursuit of finding out why my a/c isn't working I replaced the cabin/pollen filter today. To say it was overdue is an understatement especially as the old one is a Renault part and the last time it was serviced at renault was 2006!

Attachments

• IMG_0974.JPG
    IMG_0974.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 249

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Personally I'd open the window and save the hassle
What can I say, I like my creature comforts. Personally it's a choice between wind noise with an open window on the motorway and struggling to hear people or music or sit in cool calm comfort . . . . .

Plus, the filter was only £4 hardly breaking the bank

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
My little exhaust arrived this evening, gonna need a bit of work to get it to fit lol. It's a Magnex back box from a 172 Clio, so the pipe is a little larger than the standard 1.2 exhaust lol. It was cheap so why not.

Attachments

• IMG_0978.JPG
    IMG_0978.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 215

rosssei

RMS Regular
I had this exhaust on my first 1.2 clio - sounded great. Not too loud but just a nice rumble! Can't wait to see it fitted!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I had this exhaust on my first 1.2 clio - sounded great. Not too loud but just a nice rumble! Can't wait to see it fitted!
Yea the guy I bought it from said something similar about the sound. I've ordered a reducer, just waiting on it arriving and then it'll be fitted :blush:

Marc

RMS Moderator
this little wagon is working out well for ya! must be the longest you have kept a car in a long time :grinning:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
this little wagon is working out well for ya! must be the longest you have kept a car in a long time :grinning:
Touch wood mate!

I'll not lie, I have thought about getting rid of it a few times, but then when I think of how little it costs to tax and run along with its spec there's nothing as good for the money!

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Got my new relay for the radiator fan today. Sadly it hasn't helped the a/c as I had hoped it would, now to get in an expert! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 172

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I finally got the back box on. Took it to a good friend today and his son did a brave bit of fab work to get it to fit! Anyway it's on and looks the business

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 185

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Today I finally got the back box on. Took it to a good friend today and his son did a brave bit of fab work to get it to fit! Anyway it's on and looks the business
When you say brave bit of fab work, do you mean swearing and hammers?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not my cup of tea, that exhaust it looks a bit drastic compared to the more subtle model, no smaller twins available anywhere?
Didn't fancy a twin on the Clio to be honest and I was driven to this purchase by the low price (£40 inc shipping from mainland).

I would prefer a single 2 or 2 1/2" outward rolled tip, maybe I'll save up for that in the near future.

@Boabybooster yes there was some hammer work, to make a flat section where it goes over the rear axle to make sure it doesn't hit. There was a little welding and a little changing of angles to get it to meet the standard middle pipe.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.