My new Italian Project - Alfa 159 Ti

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Apologies for the lack of progress updates, I’ve been too busy with family stuff and when working on the car I’ve been too busy to take pics lol.

Since I last posted I have finished the drivers side sill (no pics) have it painted and waiting on clips for the side skirt.

I have it a quick service whilst waiting between paint coats and today I got around to the passenger side sill, so far it’s tacked in place ready for more welding:

IMG_1323.jpeg

And that’s it’s for now. I’ve to taxi the wife about tomorrow and won’t be back at the #TeamFFS HQ until Friday.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’m on my way home from the #TeamFFS HQ having spent most of the day there welding the passenger sill. No pics because I forgot lol.

Typically I ran out of welding wire with roughly about 12” left to weld FFS!! I have more ordered, but had hoped it would last until it was delivered!

I do feel that I’m making real progress now. It’ll be Monday before I can get back up to HQ and the welding wire is “expected” to be delivered on Tuesday, but there are other things I can do whilst waiting.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Getting ever closer to be MOT ready though.

Once finished welding the list is as follows:

Paint sills,
Apply protection to sills,
Refit side skirts,
Clean brake discs,
Under seal the car,
Replace timing belt and water pump,
Replace coolant,
Change brake fluid,
Change gearbox oil,
Take to MOT lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
On my way home from the HQ thanks to my darling wife picking me up. Had a productive day today. I got the drivers side skirt refitted to the car and bar a good clean that side is looking good again.

IMG_1342.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Sorry, no pics as I was in a rush and completely focused lol, but today I finished the welding!!

Tomorrow I’ll seam seal the passenger side and paint the front subframe.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
How's that under seal go on with the brush Blackie?

I've 4 spray tin off it to do the Freelander but last time I used one it was a complete mess lol move on my than the jeep.
Dead easy to apply with the brush. Its good stuff tbh, just messy if you ever need to take it off

If you heat it slightly its much easier this time of year

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
How's that under seal go on with the brush Blackie?

I've 4 spray tin off it to do the Freelander but last time I used one it was a complete mess lol move on my than the jeep.
Goes on the best with a brush even in this cold snap lol. I find heating it would thin it out too much and coverage is thinner.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I'm in awe of how much you are able to not only tackle but complete to a standard a lot of garages couldn't or wouldn't
You’re too kind dude! Just imagine what I could do with a fully equipped garage! lol.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Passenger side sill now painted. All that’s left to do cosmetically is to refit the side skirt and give the car a damn good clean.

View attachment 419025

Oh and I managed to get POR15 on the top of my dome! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂😂View attachment 419026

Awh man!! Yeah that's not gonna come off easily or any time soon 🤣 I've got it on my hands and apart from practically scrubbing your skin off it does not want to come off. Great stuff but a complete nightmare to get off yourself

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Awh man!! Yeah that's not gonna come off easily or any time soon 🤣 I've got it on my hands and apart from practically scrubbing your skin off it does not want to come off. Great stuff but a complete nightmare to get off yourself
I’ve even tried a scouring pad for the dishes and yea, it’s lifting skin!!! 😂😂