My RB26 260Z Project

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Is this car single? Does it like fat blokes? I might leave the wife and try my luck...
Sorry to disappoint you, its Already married to my Civic.

That's fantastic. I'm sure you will have some smile on your face when you get back from England.
I'm sure I'll be grinning like a Maniac the whole way home.

mousey

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline R33 GTST
love this, would love to do the same thing and put an RB26 in one, best of luck with it

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
This might have been covered already, but what power do you expect after the mapping and stuff in England?

Beautiful car!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
This might have been covered already, but what power do you expect after the mapping and stuff in England?

Beautiful car!
Thanks

I don't mind what power it makes, its going to have plenty for me, I am expecting it to be around 550hp on high boost though, might be able to get more but I'll not be chasing every last HP so if it makes enough on 1.5 bar I might lave it at that, my max on these turbos is 1.6 bar.

Just gets better! Can't wait to see more videos and photos after mapping... roll on the summer @EF Ian
Unfortunately I'm unlikely to be here mid summer :worried: Leaving after Mid April and probably won't be back until September, need to do more training this winter, then once I move higher up I'll have more time at home for the cars. If there are any really good events on I may try to make it home for them.

I'll definitely be posting more photos and vids after its mapped, hope to get @Reno_LV to do a photoshoot if he has a chance in April.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Saw it up at Jonny's this morning, have fun in England :cool:

Get some ducting sorted for the radiator though (y)

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Drove this home today, despite 1/4 throttle and staying below 3500rpm it was still good fun, loving the BOV sound as well. Got a few small jobs to do but its mostly ready for the ferry on Sunday, fingers crossed for more weather like todays.

Saw it up at Jonny's this morning, have fun in England :cool:

Get some ducting sorted for the radiator though (y)
Yours must have been the Yellow Elise? Very nice.

By ducting what do you mean? Ducting for what? or do you mean a shroud?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yours must have been the Yellow Elise? Very nice.

By ducting what do you mean? Ducting for what? or do you mean a shroud?

Yep, that is wee Princess :grinning:

Something to guide the air through the radiator/intercooler/whatever, instead of just taking the much easier route around it.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Yep, that is wee Princess :grinning:

Something to guide the air through the radiator/intercooler/whatever, instead of just taking the much easier route around it.
Wee princess looks like it would be lots of fun.

I've got a diffuser plate below the intercooler and the bonnet above it so all it really needs is something for the sides. I may well look into this as this thing make some amount of heat, and that's with me driving easy with only the odd boost up to 0.5 bar, all below 4000rpm (not mapped for full throttle, higher rpms or boost yet, just enough for me to drive it to the tuner) Thinking I really should have gone with a triple core instead of just a double core, my temps were stable but when you touch the bottom radiator hose its very hot, compared to my civic which is normally always cold (my fan has only come once or twice in its life its that efficient) Perhaps this is normal on a turbo car and even a triple core would still be as hot (my first turbo engine so not so used to them yet) I guess there is a lot less flow to the radiator with an intercooler blocking the main flow.

On another note, I'm loving this car, was driving around tonight grinning and laughing like an idiot by myself. Its going to be great once its mapped.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I may well look into this as this thing make some amount of heat, and that's with me driving easy with only the odd boost up to 0.5 bar, all below 4000rpm (not mapped for full throttle, higher rpms or boost yet, just enough for me to drive it to the tuner) Thinking I really should have gone with a triple core instead of just a double core,

I think a bit of ducting to get more air through the radiator/intercooler would be worth it, probably cheaper than a new tripple-core too :grinning: Basically make up a funnel that forces the air through the radiator, instead of escaping around it.

But hey, get it mapped and have some fun and then see how it goes :grinning:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Yeah, that's all the little job which can be done once the main things are out the way.

Quite mean looking with the intercooler there, you can just about see the diffuser plate below the intercooler, this makes a huge difference to the aerodynamic performance. Plus it look much better than without it.

DSCF8767.jpg

All ready for her big trip to England:

DSCF8774.jpg

DSCF8772.jpg

DSCF8777.jpg

DSCF8779.jpg

DSCF8786.jpg

DSCF8796.jpg

DSCF8794.jpg

DSCF8797.jpg

DSCF8810.jpg

DSCF8808.jpg

Once I get back I'll be giving her a full detail to get her looking her best.

Was great standing back today and looking at my work, that's my dream car right there (or will be once mapped) hard to believe its sitting on my driveway.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
I have had a read through all of this today, well done on getting this far, many of us could only dream of a build like this. Good luck on your trip over the water!