MY00 Impreza Type RA Limited No.337/1000

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yeah new age wheels on a classic doesn’t work, something like speedline st2s in 17” maybe but 18” too big so will store them and sell on at some stage. I prefer the super lightweight standard 16’s on it and the way it drives on them.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Speedline 2013c would be the only 18s I'd personally go for on it, as nice as the Prodrive wheels are.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Speedline 2013c would be the only 18s I'd personally go for on it, as nice as the Prodrive wheels are.

I love those aswell but I can’t see how anyone can fit 18s on a classic without it rubbing or looking like a boat. Those 2013c are also over £320 a rim then add tyres on top!

Gambit

RMS Regular
Yeah not feeling those at all on your car they do nothing for it :worried: std 16s or a nice set of 17s.

I loved the raceline rl7s I had on mine more so than the speedline st2s that where on it but never seen another set of raceline rl7 come up for sale in 5x100

RL7-3.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
They actually don’t look as bad in the flesh but yes they are coming off today.

They are a lovely rim but better suited to a bigger newage car. I think the dark colour against the blue doesn’t work either. I never used to be a fan of gold but as time has went on I’ve came round to the OEM blue and gold look.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I love those aswell but I can’t see how anyone can fit 18s on a classic without it rubbing or looking like a boat. Those 2013c are also over £320 a rim then add tyres on top!
Yea, they are pricey enough!

Apparantly the 'road' offsets work ok, but tbh I think they need the group a offsets to look better which definitely needs arch work to work without rubbing etc!

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Yes 225/45/18 Robert.

I recently found out that there where only 595 of this model made, initial plans by Subaru were 1000 but official production figures where 595 units so that makes it even more rare than I thought which is nice to know. I wonder how many are left now.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
So I haven’t updated this in a while. It’s been an expensive few months. It’s had a few mechanical bits and upgrades done and is now sitting around estimated 310-315bhp at 1.2 or so bar with the Link ecu fitted and mapped, I can’t go much further for now due to our fuel and the inadequate top mount IC which just becomes an inter warmer causing the ecu to pull timing and boost above a certain IAT.

Turns out I had to buy a lot more Link parts to do it properly as it’s not just a simple plug and play if you want it done right. So after much money to Link I had all the bits.:sob: At least it’s future proofed and has built in safety measures.

59B65327-551B-4955-BA41-E38E8117DFE2.jpeg

As well as the above it got treated to…
RCM timing belt kit
Subaru Water pump + thermostat
Subaru Oil pump
New rad hoses
New Millers fluids all round
PFR7B Spark plugs
4 new Goodyear eagle F1’s
….oh and a new stable.

DA1E8636-0073-4254-8BF2-FFB2FA6E6EBA.jpeg

Future plans are. Front mount intercooler, bigger injectors and a bigger turbo like an SC36. Should see 350-360bhp with that spec.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Had it out last night, it was pulling nicely! Yeah the car port is brilliant, plenty of room too and it’s properly sheltered now. We built it just before the price of wood went sky high!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Superb!

What else did you have to buy along with the ecu to make it connect?

It’s on the cards for the skyline so I’m curious to know

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
What else did you have to buy along with the ecu to make it connect?
It’s on the cards for the skyline so I’m curious to know

Well first I would ask who’s mapping it?
As Peter (Bludgod) explained to me you can just fit the ecu load a map and it will drive and you prob won’t know any better but to do it right and have it safe and reliable you need to buy some extras.

I’m not sure how it fits on a skyline but with my version of Impreza it needed various extra bits of loom and sensors as some
Of the Subaru sensors don’t seem to be compatible with the link stuff plus they are more than likely about 20 years old.

In addition to the ecu itself and air temp sensor (which needs fitted directly to the intercooler for accurate intake temps) I had to buy a wideband knock sensor, can lambda sensor and a few extra connections and plugs. The pic a few posts above will give you an idea of what might be needed but as I say you will need to speak to your mapper as to they all have different ways of doing it and some are more thorough than others.

At a minimum I’d recommend the knock sensor as it could save your engine, a lot of cars are just driving about especially jdm turbo stuff knocking the head off themselves and you’d be none the wiser until it’s too late at least with one fitted it can make adjustments on the fly

Burt2000

RMS Regular
OP
Burt2000
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Epic !! Im sure it goes unreal

Well it depends, it’s a lightweight short geared 4wd Impreza with about 260 bhp per tonne so yeah I’d say it’s sharp enough, probably similar to my evo 8 with around 380bhp but as you know yourself you always want more lol.