never content?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
A fine choice of cars listed there sir.

The only thing to do is buy each and every one of them :grinning:

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I was bad for changing regularly but i recently got my passat estate to daily and ive the impreza there for sale, however after driving it recently it really feels totally different and id love to keep the pair if i could afford/get the use of both. Back when i was 20-25 i changed a lot, and once i get a stash built up ill probably change more often again, but that will be the toy. Ther are an awful lot of poor cars out there and im getting fussy in my old age.

bob

RMS Regular
Have you got much use out of the 205? I found something like that neglected my need to change car every 6 or so months, wasn't really bothered what I was driving day to day.

Gemma

RMS Regular
i had 328 a year and loved it but was time to go to m3..kept it two/three months then sold it and got the m3 evo and have had it since 2012...i started to get itchy feet few weeks ago and all i seen on fb was...dakar yellow m3s wanted! thought...hmm if i sold the m3 what else could i buy..then i realised...i wasn't ready to sell her as i should know what i want to replace her with straight away. was just being stupid lol

time for more audio upgrades..few interior things like steering wheel restitch then time to chuck some money at the under side of her as she's 100% the way she's sitting for the mean time :grinning:

Vixxxen

RMS Regular
Drives
Gti Golf
I'm the same, my cars are never big money cars but I like buying and selling !

I'm never content with what I have, constantly on the look out for something different.

I get bored too easily with cars , I've been driving now only 5 years and in that time have had 9 cars, my longest being the lexus which I kept for all of 11 months lol !

My insurance company flipping hate me, almost had my old scoob back on sunday there - but then had a good look around it and the paintwork is now scratched to sh*t , couldn't be bothered with that lol !!

I've now owned the golf for 2 months and been told off already for looking at something new lol !

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
@bob I dont use it as much as I should, I work 80hours minimum a week so it makes using a car like that very difficult

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
@bob I dont use it as much as I should, I work 80hours minimum a week so it makes using a car like that very difficult

I know the problem, you saw my honda at the weekend and were jealous....

seriously though, don't kill yourself working. all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I'm never really content with cars either and nor do I want to be.

I get the feeling if I ever become content I'll get bored and not bother with them at all.

eamon343

RMS Regular
For the first time in 10 years I am content with what I am driving. And it happens to be a 1996 Golf Estate that is a bit rough round the edges. I think its because there is always something to do on it it keeps me busy.

I did buy an Octavia VRS to replace it last year but ended up selling the Octavia because I missed the wee crappy golf :oops:

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
No, you're completely normal - no matter what cars we have or we do to do them boredom always sets in you want something else. Right now I have finally got the MK5 sitting exactly how I always wanted it and I've already 2 other projects in my head planned right down to the fine details.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Think every petrol head is the same. I've my new Leon which I lifted with 3 mile on it now have it a few months with 7k on it. The wife shakes her head everytime she lifts the iPad as its on piston heads. I get such itchy feet it's unreal.

Now I'm very very tempted to get rid of my Leon and buy a new cupra. The wife says if it will shut me up for a while to just go and do it, but days I love my FR derv.

Think everyone has bought and sold cars that they regret and look towards the next one.

Jethro

RMS Regular
I was never content either until 3 years ago when I got the 911 Turbo, that seems to have satisfied my needs for a while as I was for ever changing. It's sold 10 months now and I never replaced it with anything that could put a smile on your face. It was almost a self imposed car exile that I entered into when I paid off my mortgage, but I'm feeling the urge again to buy something silly with the money saved.
It could be a vicious circle once again

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Don't know whats wrong with all of you. If I find a good car I keep it for a long time, my two current cars I'll probably keep for life, the Datsun for sure.

If I enjoy driving it then that's the main thing for me and the reason I want/buy/keep a car, with both my current cars when I get in a go for a fun drive I always think to myself theres no way I could let these go, way too much fun, that's what I built them for. I have mates who change their cars quite regularly but while they are petrol heads they don't really drive their cars lie I do, just to work or around the town at the weekend whereas I always taking mine out for drive on proper roads just for the sake of it.

This doesn't mean I don't want to add another to the collection though, I thought once the 260Z was done I'd be satisfied with cars and car projects for a while but I've still got a craving for another big project and also to take the work on the 260 even further, theres still lots I can do to it. I've got so many great crazy ideas flying around in my head that need brought to life sometime, I've planned several full car builds just in my head.

I've told myself I'll not start another project until I get a nice triple garage sorted.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Yes you aren't alone... Now the Bm is sitting mint and that we key mark gone etc... I'm tempted for change. But I worked so hard for such a good example! Lol

I promised myself and my wife I was buying the Bm as a keeper and to be family car when time comes...I've had it 9momths!! lol do love it thou... But find myself wanting an m5/e350cdi/182/new bike. where do I stop?

Maybe you'll get to own my 535d some stage :p

The only constant in my car life is I always have to own a BMW as I get discontent the quickest when I dont have one about lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
All you have to do is look at the number of "New car" threads I've started over the years to see that I'm never content!

I always want "a car" but then when I get it I'm either disappointed with it or I find some reason to get rid of it!

That said I'm as happy with the current car, my first diesel Golf (3rd diesel car out of 70ish cars I've owned) as I've ever been with any car, so maybe, just maybe I might keep this one for a while lol

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
That said I'm as happy with the current car, my first diesel Golf (3rd diesel car out of 70ish cars I've owned) as I've ever been with any car, so maybe, just maybe I might keep this one for a while lol
Funny how different people can be, for me the idea of owning and driving a diesel car makes me bored just thinking about it, if I was told I could only drive a diesel I'd probably give up on cars and go back to bikes.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I'm weird with cars.... If I have a car, it's usually only my one that I want. I wouldn't swap the M3 for any other of the same model in the country, and that's not because mine is the best ever, because it is not, but once it was bought, it was mine, and no other will do. I have a couple of cars like this. The rest, as much I like them, I couldn't give a shlt.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Passed my test in 1991 and had the grand total of four cars, three Fiesta's and the Focus. Would be safe to say I get comfy with my cars

Chris100

RMS Regular
It makes me wince thinking of the money I have spent on cars since the age of 25 when I moved from driving company cars to buying my own, for the past 10 years it has been new or nearly new BMWs or Audis that I keep for about 18 to 36 months and then change it for a new one?

I would dearly love to find a car I'd love enough to keep it until I actually owned it outright. I would love a E46 M3 or 997 Carrera S, either would have to be low mileage and mint which for the type of car demand a premium which for me is hard to justify for a 8 to 10 year old car.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Recently I have got the inkling for something Jap, an evo 8 or 9, modified subaru, r34 skyline etc

Everytime I come close to doing it, something tells me not me and I think its my common sense not to get sucked into a money pit with something I can't fix myself.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Recently I have got the inkling for something Jap, an evo 8 or 9, modified subaru, r34 skyline etc

Everytime I come close to doing it, something tells me not me and I think its my common sense not to get sucked into a money pit with something I can't fix myself.

Passed a red TME Evo VI yesterday on my way back from Lusty Beg, what a cool weapon! Get one of those!

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
I've been offered a company car at my new job but the thought of driving the same car for 4 years would drive me insane, so im taking the equivalent £ for a car allowance instead. I couldn't justify keeping my own car ontop of a company car because we are saving for a house.

The members car thread & 'Whats taken your fancy in the classified' threads does not help with itchy feet either. Seeing those 2 Subaru's and Barry port posting up old BMWs had me looking up classifieds for prices, people on here seem to find some unreal examples, although in fairness I don't know what price they are paying for them lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.