New 2020 BMW 4 Series leaks ahead of tomorrow's unveiling

MarkM

RMS Regular
disagree, might be better but still woeful looking.

I kept being told they would make sense in the flesh, went to Country Garage where they had 4 in the car park, and my god are they woeful, it’s not even the grilles which don’t actually look terrible on dark colours, the side profile is just so bland and elongated.
I’m not sure who BMW are aiming the new Ms at but have you seen the G8* M performance wheels?

68861745-320B-4F56-8B28-D8AC47FD1E44.jpeg

D36DCADA-6930-4672-AB97-35853B9C8EBA.jpeg

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
You would like to hope there’s some high tech aero magic going on there but I highly doubt it 🤮

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I kept being told they would make sense in the flesh, went to Country Garage where they had 4 in the car park, and my god are they woeful, it’s not even the grilles which don’t actually look terrible on dark colours, the side profile is just so bland and elongated.
I’m not sure who BMW are aiming the new Ms at but have you seen the G8* M performance wheels?

View attachment 304262
View attachment 304263

they are awful looking, I am not sure of the letters and numbers but the last 4 series and 3 series should have been left alone.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Past a new 4 series in that fluorescent yellow type colour in Dublin the other day. It's as much a shocker in real life as it is in the pictures.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
It's crazy, you're getting into supercar money. No matter how good it is, it's still a BMW saloon.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Not sure about the wheels but other than that I actually quite like it 😬

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I wouldn’t mind it if the kidney grills stopped above the number plate. From the a pillar back it’s quite Audi looking too.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Still an ugly bastid of a thing IMO, but each to their own.

Some designs are a shock to the system at the time of release but then you get used to them over time (e.g. original Z4 BMWs) .............. others unfortunately remain brutal and only a substantial facelift can alleviate the horror.

1611757740214.png