New 2020 BMW 4 Series leaks ahead of tomorrow's unveiling

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Have always loved M3/4's but this new one is absolutely f*cking horrendous looking. What in gods name were they thinking.

I get that some designs take time to grow on you.. This isn't one of them.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Still an ugly bastid of a thing IMO, but each to their own.

Some designs are a shock to the system at the time of release but then you get used to them over time (e.g. original Z4 BMWs) .............. others unfortunately remain brutal and only a substantial facelift can alleviate the horror.

View attachment 310309
I've recently warmed to the bugeye / V7 Impreza. I think it's maybe because classics are getting hard to find and blobeyes / ver8s are already fetching premium prices, but they are nowhere near as hideous as the baying reviews of the time had said, in my opinion.

colin84

RMS Regular
I know it's hard to believe right now considering how brutal it looks, but BMW have always had radical designs, like the e60 for example, so popular now, but yet ridiculed when it was first unveiled. I think this will be a grower too, it's just going to take some brave person to buy one from new.

The bug eye imprezza is a perfect example, despised by everyone for being so ugly, but yet highly sought after now.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I know it's hard to believe right now considering how brutal it looks, but BMW have always had radical designs, like the e60 for example, so popular now, but yet ridiculed when it was first unveiled. I think this will be a grower too, it's just going to take some brave person to buy one from new.

The bug eye imprezza is a perfect example, despised by everyone for being so ugly, but yet highly sought after now.

The only reason it’ll be sought after is it’s the last of the non hybrid/electric M cars, I still hate the e60 lol

colin84

RMS Regular
I still hate the e60 lol
tenor.gif

vezna

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Finally got to see one of the new 4 Series today. Presumably as it was what seemed dark grey I probably saw it at its best. Thought it looked really well. It’s predecessor was an absolute design classic in its two door guise but this new one was is certainly a worthy successor.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Finally got to see one of the new 4 Series today. Presumably as it was what seemed dark grey I probably saw it at its best. Thought it looked really well. It’s predecessor was an absolute design classic in its two door guise but this new one was is certainly a worthy successor.

You’re on your own there, it’s a dog!

vezna

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
F38BDE4F-E291-47B7-8D78-600677BBFF33.jpeg
It looked like this. I must be easily pleased.
I have a neighbour that has a brand new 2 Series. To me that’s a much stranger looking car.