New 2020 BMW 4 Series leaks ahead of tomorrow's unveiling

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I took a drive down to JKC this morning to look in the window at theirs. I’m not completely sold but it definitely looks better in the flesh than in pictures.

Chris100

RMS Regular
I took a drive down to JKC this morning to look in the window at theirs. I’m not completely sold but it definitely looks better in the flesh than in pictures.

Im going to take a run over to Bavarian this afternoon to do the same.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Im going to take a run over to Bavarian this afternoon to do the same.

Take a sick bag for when you spot the Sao Paolo yellow M4 +o(
9612E25D-EDEB-4E53-8756-02B1F72717CF.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
They’re not selling well. Meant to be a 0% coming very soon, they’ve been £3k customer deposit, £7k dealer contribution and just over a grand a month, biggest problem being the GFV is only £30k on an £80k+ car which is disgusting imo, BMW themselves seem to know it’s a pig lol Their other problem is an M5 comp can be had for a much better deal

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
As bad as the front is the side of the car has a few awkward looking angles too. Where the rear passenger window meets the rear 'C' pillar just looks wrong on that car... Don't know why but to my eye it doesn't work....

Screenshot_20210314_141031_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210314_141045.jpg

Not surprised its not selling well and that deals are on the horizon. The price of it may well have something to do with it. I'm sure they'd sell if they were cheap and ugly.

MarkM

RMS Regular
As bad as the front is the side of the car has a few awkward looking angles too. Where the rear passenger window meets the rear 'C' pillar just looks wrong on that car... Don't know why but to my eye it doesn't work....

View attachment 315857

View attachment 315858

Not surprised its not selling well and that deals are on the horizon. The price of it may well have something to do with it. I'm sure they'd sell if they were cheap and ugly.

Agree with you, they’ve abandoned the M car trait hoffmeister kink in that area that would probably actually have improved it. I’ve no doubt we’ll all get used to it and after a drive some will buy, I just feel the iffy looks and the same weight as an M5 means I’d be in an M5 if I wanted to stay with BMW.
The 4wd version being launched late summer will kill this one too, there will be some very cheap cars and some early adopters that are in very deep!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They’re not selling well. Meant to be a 0% coming very soon, they’ve been £3k customer deposit, £7k dealer contribution and just over a grand a month, biggest problem being the GFV is only £30k on an £80k+ car which is disgusting imo, BMW themselves seem to know it’s a pig lol Their other problem is an M5 comp can be had for a much better deal
Not a problem I will ever be having....buying a new £80k car 🤣

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
You and me both mate, honestly, can’t see me ever making a buy as big as my M4 again, my house and it’s many projects are much more important these days than losing money on a flash car!
I'm the same to be honest. I think I'd rather have a cheaper toy in the future, something like a Impreza STI.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
I think these look absolutely spectacular and can’t wait to get a drive in one. If they’re as good as the reviews seem to suggest they are I will be getting a RWD version next year when the values tank after the x drive come out 😂

Chris100

RMS Regular

If they offer a deal for under £600 a month I would be all over one.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Passed one the same as this earlier in Coleraine, Reg was BMW 4X.

It isn’t much nicer in the metal, I think the M3 has more potential if in a darker colour though. But the wheels are totally lost in the arches in all of them.

CA10B379-5A1D-47A0-867D-CE3507E43CF9.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Passed one the same as this earlier in Coleraine, Reg was BMW 4X.

It isn’t much nicer in the metal, I think the M3 has more potential if in a darker colour though. But the wheels are totally lost in the arches in all of them.

View attachment 315873
Think that might be the Country Garage demonstrator?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I passed an Isle of Man Green M4 today outside Ballymoney and I have to say I was very disappointed. It just looked wrong 😔

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I passed an Isle of Man Green M4 today outside Ballymoney and I have to say I was very disappointed. It just looked wrong 😔
I saw possibly the same one near Ballymoney yesterday. Lovely colour but awful looking 🤢 front grill. Looks worse than the pictures.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I met a green M3 on the road the other day too and to be honest it actually didn't disgust me as much as I expected.

However there is a carbon black-like 4 series coupe in our work carpark and you just could not like it.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I think I have seen two of the new 4 series since they were released. I know I'm not out and about as much with working from home but I really expected to see more of them, or maybe not given the general reaction to the styling. It just doesn't look good from any angle

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I think I have seen two of the new 4 series since they were released. I know I'm not out and about as much with working from home but I really expected to see more of them, or maybe not given the general reaction to the styling. It just doesn't look good from any angle
The new 4 series is very expensive though, even in the likes of the 420i guise. Would be hard to justify the cost of them to be honest.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I thought a few months in I might have started to slightly warm to them .......................................... but nope.

Some really, really questionable styling choices by BMW.

The RS5 is the M4's nearest competitor in looks, pricing and segment. It's not what I'd call a traditionally good looking car either (very chunky and angular, like the previous A5), but the whole thing just seems to flow better and have better proportions than the BMW.

1619599493323.png

1619599517128.png