New car suggestions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

robert106

RMS Regular
Drives
172 clio
I'm in the fortunate position that I don't have a mortgage and don't need finance so it's time to treat myself and drive something that I enjoy.

I just can't decide what to go for, I've loved Evos for over 20 years but think as a daily I'd soon tire of the rashness.

Lol even better!

Evo is cool , but it's not a daily car and is very niche I'd say, what about an amg of some shape :p

Reactions: Mel

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
I kind of like the idea of an estate but would be quite the size increase so not sure.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Estates are handy, but only if you plan to carry a lot of stuff.

I'd get an AMG of some sort, probably an older one.

Ah: RWD

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Honda FD2.

Perfection. Ticks all your boxes, plus it’s rare. I’d be very jealous.

C03B6566-CBB1-4089-A336-A24C447F1B45.jpeg

3CC20AB4-EB7F-4983-B1D5-7AF66097A94F.jpeg

Last edited:

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
What would you love Mel? Not an evo, you’d soon get fed up with that imho

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
What would you love Mel? Not an evo, you’d soon get fed up with that imho

I've made do that long with my little sh1t box and not even really looked in the classifieds for years that I haven't a clue tbh.

Don't really think I want a hot hatch as think I'd tire of the hard suspension now I'm getting on a bit :joy:, something that has a bit of poke that sounds well, that I feel safe in.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So have you decided to bin the idea of selling the scoob then and going to keep two cars .??
A golf r estate would be perfect .seriously quick with a simple map.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I've made do that long with my little sh1t box and not even really looked in the classifieds for years that I haven't a clue tbh.

Don't really think I want a hot hatch as think I'd tire of the hard suspension now I'm getting on a bit :joy:, something that has a bit of poke that sounds well, that I feel safe in.
Absolutely agree, I’m starting to pine for a Range Rover as comfort is becoming most important lol

Just wondered what you’ve seen driving on the road and maybe pined after, I know I never change without sending months deliberating and researching what I’m looking at. That is probably the most enjoyable bit of car hunting !

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Don't really think I want a hot hatch as think I'd tire of the hard suspension now I'm getting on a bit :joy:, something that has a bit of poke that sounds well, that I feel safe in

SQ5? Bit bigger again.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Would take a cupra over a Golf R any day of the week.
I always thought of the Audi being the best followed by the vw and then the Leon in terms of quality .i know that’s probably a load of balls like but just my opinion .

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
SQ5? Bit bigger again.

That would be my choice comfort and plenty of poke.

I always thought of the Audi being the best followed by the vw and then the Leon in terms of quality .i know that’s probably a load of balls like but just my opinion .

My Cupra 280 was a superb car in every way, the GTD was slightly better build quality but only as it has the virtual dash and the cupra didn’t, that was an age thing though. Would still regret getting rid of the cupra.

Mel

RMS Regular
OP
Mel
Drives
S3
So have you decided to bin the idea of selling the scoob then and going to keep two cars .??
A golf r estate would be perfect .seriously quick with a simple map.

No the Subaru is still for sale and Adam plans to get something he isn't as fussy about that he can maybe take to track days etc. A Golf R Estate is a possibility if they are in my budget.

Absolutely agree, I’m starting to pine for a Range Rover as comfort is becoming most important lol

Just wondered what you’ve seen driving on the road and maybe pined after, I know I never change without sending months deliberating and researching what I’m looking at. That is probably the most enjoyable bit of car hunting !

I went through a phase of wanting a RR Evoque there but think with the short commute I do the dpf would be an issue?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.