New Focus Rs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Think I remember reading the fog light was to resemble the 'rain light' on a F1 car.

Quite how that relates to Ford & the RS badge is beyond me.

Reactions: Ben

RM55MCC

RMS Regular
Drives
fn2 type r gt
Saw a blue one 2night in Crossgar some Sound roar out of it .. Lovely motor

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Couple more arriving, blue is the colour to have I think.
image.jpeg

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Any performance model that isn't hugely visually different (wide arches, etc) needs a standout colour to look its best really. White or red are grand, but can end up looking like kitted ST's. With that unique blue you know it's an RS. Used to be the same with Estoril Blue on some of the BMW M cars, though every Tom **** and Harry seems to have that colour now on every model.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Couple more arriving, blue is the colour to have I think.

Wonder who thought that red was a good choice... With @Gaz on this, the red looks like any old diesel Focus. The white is ok for me, it seems to work with contrast wheels and lots of black detailing to make it stand out. The blue is unique though (for now...).

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Any performance model that isn't hugely visually different (wide arches, etc) needs a standout colour to look its best really. White or red are grand, but can end up looking like kitted ST's. With that unique blue you know it's an RS. Used to be the same with Estoril Blue on some of the BMW M cars, though every Tom **** and Harry seems to have that colour now on every model.

Have to agree with this, spotted my first one heading the opposite direction on the west link yesterday and the colour is what drew my attention.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Wonder who thought that red was a good choice... With @Gaz on this, the red looks like any old diesel Focus. The white is ok for me, it seems to work with contrast wheels and lots of black detailing to make it stand out. The blue is unique though (for now...).

The red IS the regular car colour... Lol

But yes, the blue would be the colour to go for IMO. When you see it in the metal it really stands out.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Yet to see one in the metal, just glad they didn't offer a green colour for fools to choose.

Imperial/Performance blue would look incredible.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
@DC. come on now the MK2 suits the green perfectly, don't think it would look so good in the newer shaped cars right enough.

Oh no it doesn't. (IMO of course)

Ford only released 'Ultimate Green' to please BP at the time. Can't think of any other reason why they did it.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Oh no it doesn't. (IMO of course)

Ford only released 'Ultimate Green' to please BP at the time. Can't think of any other reason why they did it.

Was it not simply to replace the orange which is fords worst ever colour to respray.

@DC. come on now the MK2 suits the green perfectly, don't think it would look so good in the newer shaped cars right enough.

I agree, love ultimate green favourite colour to look at in them. Tho if I have the choice i think I might choose the blue to deal with everyday, would be a hard choice.

Reactions: DC.
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.