Nice car suggestions Petrol only.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Get a Quartermaster though.
A pickup, mmm, no sorry. This is what I like; Trialmaster Edition

2024-06-22_11-44-12.png

Hard to belive there are no v8 defenders in the country since u started looking to now, must be in small numbers.
When I contacted C. Hurst they didn`t have any and wanted me to buy a diesel, I only want petrol and want to try the V8

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
My dad’s friend has a grenadier. He’s had loads of issues with it, to the point where they have taken his off him and given him a new one. He’s says it is good off road and pulling a horse box but was very crashy for normal driving.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I know your looking something fresher @Dave.. but have you tried a 997 if the possibility of a coupe is till on the cards? hard to imagine a more perfect car for what you've described than @KeithRobinson 's turbo, and my dad's 997 S years ago I always remember being comfortable. Red one in NI, if not the nicest spec in my eyes.

1719483209020.png

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Today I drove the Cayenne with Sam from Porsche Belfast. It was the V8 version.
Not for me, far too quiet and not very exciting. I knew after 10 minutes it was a no go.
Not sure what to drive next.

IMG_4384.jpeg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Anything stock is going to be quiet these days - look at all the CarWow reviews/drag races when they do the "sound off"

Everything stock sounds pish with a soft limiter or you get the fake cabin noise
tbf that was my opinion of a near 20yr old cayenne as well, is quite a Porsche trait tbh.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Anything stock is going to be quiet these days - look at all the CarWow reviews/drag races when they do the "sound off"

Everything stock sounds pish with a soft limiter or you get the fake cabin noise
I agree, the M4 sounded good but was mainly fake cabin noise
This would open it up a bit, but at £7k quite expensive.
2024-06-27_12-06-28.png

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
The F-pace is the car that fits all your criteria. The one we sold I drove the length of England in. Way better than an SVR Range Rover and I really didn’t expect it to be. Lovely inside, the edition 1987 looks special and the noise is incredible.
I will have a look at the one in Jag Belfast

Chris100

RMS Regular
Today I drove the Cayenne with Sam from Porsche Belfast. It was the V8 version.
Not for me, far too quiet and not very exciting. I knew after 10 minutes it was a no go.
Not sure what to drive next.

View attachment 438770

If that didn’t excite you I wouldn’t bother test driving any other SUVs, that’s about the best handling one you can get.

In terms of the noise, anything post 2019 is not going to sound great. After this more and more filters have been added year on year, and sound suppression is a consequence of this.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I’ve never been in one but I would expect being a Jag it will luxurious and comfortable but also be a bit of an animal when you want it to be, they are well below your budget too, the 575 edition is just over £80k new and literally a couple of grand more than a new 550 version.

Last edited: